Welcome winter with these great poems while your students practice Close Reading skills! Each poem provides opportunities for students to visualize, analyze and reflect on the winter season. Perfect to print and go!
1. 4 winter-themed poems
2. CLOSE reading worksheets, specific for each poem
3. Interactive Notebook pieces – each poem in a smaller format to cut and glue with a foldable that focuses on analysis skill.
4. Visualizing Tab booklet – draw a picture of what you visualize and then write a reflection or explanation
These are great for those long, snowy days, short weeks due
to holiday festivities or sub plans for those unexpected days
Check out each of these poetry units!
- Robert Frost
- Emily Dickinson
- Carl Sandburg
- The Great American Poets bundle
- Christmas Holiday Poetry Pack
- Winter Poetry task cards
Martha from “The Owl Spot”