Brrrrr.....January is almost here so it's time to start planning our activities for Winter! Our Winter Preschool Curriculum will help guide you in planning a fun filled and educational experience for your preschool class.
The purpose of this unit plan is to help children discover the winter season. Children should be able to distinguish the events occurring in winter that are different from the other seasons of the year and also learn about the different types of winter animals.
This unit plan contains both Christian based materials as well as secular materials.
Our curriculum is perfect for preschool teachers, daycare providers, babysitters, home daycare providers, homeschooling parents or stay at home moms looking for things to do with their kids.
Our Winter Preschool Curriculum is packed full of great activities that are developmentally and age appropriate for preschool aged children. Being a preschool teacher myself and a mother to preschool aged children, I can appreciate the amount of time that goes into planning a day's worth (let alone a month's worth) of activities!! This publication will take away some of the stress in your monthly planning!
The activities in the Winter Preschool Curriculum are designed to:
• Easily understand and complete
• Affordable (most of the projects use items commonly found in a classroom environment or in your home)
• Time Saving (Most activities can be completed in a short period of time)
• For all levels of teachers (New teachers can follow directions exactly and be successful; seasoned teachers can "tweak" the projects to their own particular teaching style)
The Winter Preschool Curriculum includes the following:
• Songs, Poems & Fingerplays (Over 60 lyrics are included!! Spice up your circle time and your craft projects with this fun, interactive songs, poems and fingerplays!)
• Book List (Over 100 Winter Themed books that you can incorporate into your classroom curriculum.)
• Let's Speak Spanish (What a great way to add some culture to your classroom plans by teaching your class how to say some of the winter words in spanish!)
• Recipes (Get your class cooking with 16 fun-filled recipes)
• Games (What child doesn't love a fun-filled game? Enjoy over 9 games that are all about winter! Brrrr!!)
• Arts and Crafts (My favorite part of the day! Over 30 Craft projects that are easy, inexpensive and emphasize the joy of this chilly season!)
• Bible Verses (For all of the Christian based preschools, it's always nice to add a beautiful bible verse to craft projects.)
• Sign Language (I use sign language everyday in my class! Teach your class how to speak with their hands some of the words you use during the wintertime!)
• Links for Winter Coloring Pages (Due to space restraints, I have included links to Winter Coloring pages. There are 100's of pages out there for you to print and color with your class.)
• Centers (Discover ways to enhance your classroom's centers with some great winter themed ideas!)
• TONS OF GREAT AND INVALUABLE INFORMATION!!