Winter Readers Theater Script The Little Girl and the Winter Whirlwinds
- Internet Activities
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- SAVE 20% In this bundle (250 pages) are EIGHT reader's theater scripts with UNITS, adapted for your classroom whether it's upper elementary or middle grades. Strengthen your students' reading, speaking, listening skills as well as build their imaginations. These scripts contain drama and humor, soPrice $29.20Original Price $38.50Save $9.30
- SAVE 30% In this collection (275 pages) are 13 reader's theater scripts of folk takes from around the world adapted for the language arts, drama and social studies classroom. Learn about other cultures while strengthening your students' reading, speaking and listening skills. These scripts contaiPrice $41.83Original Price $59.75Save $17.92
Part of a Bundle Who likes sweet stories? Low prep and easy to present! This Bulgarian folk tale adapted into a reader's theater script with roles for 25+ students is suitable for upper elementary gifted or middle school students studying fairy tales, L. Arts or Drama class. This piece could be a one or three-day study depending upon how much effort a teacher wants to expend. Or a teacher could use this with distance learning students by tweaking the product a bit. =
Based on a Bulgarian folk tale by the same name, students will have an opportunity to:
- focus on their reading, especially in a play format
- strengthen their skills in vocal variety and inflection
- sing a song
- perform for peers in a non-threatening manner
This product comes with:
- letter to teacher
- warm up exercise
- what is Bulgaria?
- English words and Bulgarian pronunciations
- advice in directing reader's theater
- original folk tale for a comparison and contrast discussion
- blocking plot for teacher's staging needs
- enrichment activities--coloring pages and several assignments
- post performance discussion
The Little Girl and the Winter Whirlwinds is a story about a brave young girl. She volunteers to journey to Father Frost's palace and ask him for help with the Winter Witch who is keeping spring from returning. On the way, she meets the Winter Whirlwinds and their sisters, the Blizzards who do their best to try to stop her. Finally, the Winter Witch intervenes by singing a magical lullaby to the little girl lulling her to sleep in the deep snow. Luckily, she is rescued at the last minute by the woodland animals and together they continue their adventure to see Father Frost. Does Father Frost help them and make spring return? Filled with drama, a bit of comedy, warmth and kindness The Little Girl and the Winter Whirlwinds is a delightful story.
Created by a veteran award winning drama teacher of thirty-eight years.
For more Dramamommaspeaks products, go to: Dramamommaspeaks Store
Reviews of Dramamommaspeaks Products:
"I absolutely love this resource!! What a fun way for students to learn drama vocabulary words. Thank you so much! :-)"
Costume Designs with Fairy Tales
"How interesting, informative, and creative. Thank you for creating this project. It will definitely be helpful."
SpongeBob Squarepants, the Broadway Musical
"These lessons on Broadway musicals are engaging and so informative. Thanks."
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.