Winter Reading Comprehension - 3rd & 4th Grade Passages and Questions
Also included in
- Get a full year's worth of themed reading comprehension passages and questions. These ready-to-use reading passages include at least 10 skills for each theme. The reading passages will allow your students to focus on isolated skills as a check in to gauge student understanding or as a review for prPrice $36.50Original Price $45.50Save $9.00
Winter reading passages provide you with a great resource to check in on student reading skills while matching the upcoming season. This set of reading comprehension passages and questions includes 12 ready to use winter themed reading passages with a variety of reading strategies and skills addressed in the questions. There are both fiction and nonfiction passages to captivate the reader and keep their engagement high.
Students will read each winter themed reading comprehension passage and answer questions within a certain skill set that is perfect for a first quarter check-in. This is a great way for students in third grade all the way up to fifth grade to review skills independently or even with a partner. The reading comprehension skills included are always the toughest ones for students to master. These are also a great resource for ushering in winter with relatable topics.
⭐️ Bundle & save for a discount ⭐️
And more to come!
Here's what you'll get:
- 12 reading comprehension passages that focus on different reading skills and strategies
- Mix of multiple choice and short answer questions
- 2 versions: Printable (full sheet or half sheet)
- 2 versions: Digital (audio file for listening and one for student reading)
- Answer keys
What better way to keep students engaged during winter than with winter themed reading comprehension passages. This is a great way to review specific skills. Students are able to show what they know in a meaningful way that they will enjoy!
The winter themed reading passages are ready to use with little prep from the teacher. They are great to use as morning work, centers or even small group work. Teachers can print a full sheet with the winter reading comprehension passage and questions on one side. This is great for helping students look back in the passage. Another great option is to use the half sheet version. Print the winter reading passage and questions back to back to have a great resource for small groups or independent work. If you are looking for a digital version, that is a quick and easy way to assign and go! Students who will benefit from listening to the reading passages just need to click on the audio file icon. This allows for more levels of readers to show their comprehension skills.
Prep is quick and easy... Just print the reading passages or assign them digitally!
The 12 reading skills included in the passages are:
- Main Idea and Details
- Cause and Effect
- Context Clues
- Compare and Contrast
- Text Features
- Author’s Point of View
- Story Structure (character, setting, problem/solution)
- Making Inferences / Drawing Conclusions
- Author’s Purpose
- Point of View
You may also like…
Also, Click HERE to follow me, to be notified when new products are uploaded and on sale! New products are always discounted the first 24 hours they are uploaded!
Copyright © Teach Create Motivate.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.