Winter Reading Fluency Passages and Activities
Grab these winter themed reading fluency passages and activities to help your students focus on fluency all winter long. These activities are great for small groups, literacy centers, or independent work. Students will develop their fluency skills while using these engaging winter themed fluency activities.
The purpose of these activities is to help students develop their fluency skills in all areas:
There are 2 winter themed fluency passages, 1 winter themed fluency poem, 1 winter themed fluency Reader's Theatre Play. Each one has 3 additional fluency activities, including:
- Comprehension questions
- Repeated fluency readings (words, phrases, sentences)
- Scooping phrases
- Nonsense phrases
- Change Your Voice
- I Have, Who Has?
How do you use these fluency reading passages and activities?
- Students will first read the passage/poem/play.
- Students will then complete the follow up activities either in small groups, during literacy centers, or independently.
Who are these fluency reading passages for?
- Classroom teachers (1st and 2nd grade)
- Special education teachers with student fluency goals
- Reading specialists/interventionists/reading teachers
- Classroom aides/assistants
- Parent helpers
- ESL teachers
- For homework/extra practice
This pack of reading fluency passages and activities is intended for 1st and 2nd grade. But, it can also be used for a variety of grade levels, based on the current reading level of students.
Students can practice improving their fluent reader skills in small groups, in a fluency center, or during independent work. You can also send these fluency reading passages home for extra help. If you have students who need help with their fluent reader skills, this is a great way to get them to practice.
The goal of this pack is to assist your readers in improving their fluency abilities and, in turn, their overall reading skills as well.
I hope you and your students love these fluency reading passages and activities!