**** FREE PRODUCT UNTIL 1/24/2017
The contents of this preschool speech and language packet include:
- TWO (2)- booklets with pictures of Winter themed/novel items
* 2 booklets with pictures of different Winter themed items. Research has proven that Young children with low level vocabulary and those with Apraxia demonstrate improved skills with simple repetition tasks. (Similar to books such as Brown Bear, Brown Bear. It will allow them to remember targeted vocabulary and practice 1-3 syllable words after a repetitive sentence starter. What do you see/ I see a _____).
- The first booklet is Winter Wonderland. It has 17 different Winter novel items.
- The second booklet is about Winter Clothing. It has 12 different Winter clothing items.
- 2 Articulation Sheets (For use in therapy or as homework).
A. Have your student(s) color the associated pictures by using markers, crayons, or daubers on each of the snowballs. They can count to see which one has the most. They can also write the number on the blank line. Articulation targets: p, b, m, n, f, v, k, g, s, l, s-blends, and l- blends. A blank page is also included.
B. Have your students locate their target speech sounds on the Vest by circling them and checking them off. Articulation targets (in pairs): p, b, k, g, f, v, s, z, l, r, SH, CH, DZ, and s- blends.
** Your students can work on these in your therapy sessions or as homework (as an easy carryover assignment).
- WH-Questions with picture choices for both of the booklets: (17 for Winter Wonderland vocabulary and 12 types of questions for Winter Clothing): Black and white with visual choices.
- Yes/ No Questions Bingo Dauber activity: Therapist reads the Yes/ no question related to Winter. The student selects the answer by using a Bingo Dauber, magnetic chips or markers to select your answers on the thumbs up (yes) or thumbs down (no).
- TWO Cariboo picture sets (Black/ White & Color): To be used with the famous game or however you choose to use the cards).
- Winter Vocabulary and Clothing Lottos (5 pages per set) : 5 different pages for 1:1 or small group): Great Black and White Printable for reinforcement of all the Winter themed items used in the book for any area of speech/ language. Your students will just color and play as instructed in BINGO. Just print an additional page if you would like to cut out calling cards. This is great for noticing if your little ones can identify and/or describe Winter vocabulary.
- 1 Bingo Dauber Dot- to –Dot pages: Great when working on drill of articulation sounds. Find and use colorful Bingo Daubers.
- Following directions sheets (One and Multi-Step): Directions on each sheet that the child will use.
- Pronoun Strips: Use the Cariboo picture cards to help your students use pronouns (he/she/they) in sentences. (He/ She has or They Have). Use the target questions with the sentence strips.
- Winter Category Sort (1 page): Have your students take the 12 Winter related pictures, cut, and glue them into the correct categories (animals, eat/drink, wear).
- Winter Compare and Contrast (1 page): Using the venn diagrams, have your students describe similarities/ differences of 4 targeted Winter vocabulary items (mittens/ glove and ear muffs/ hat or toboggan).
- Winter Labeling/ Identification Progress Monitoring Charts: Typical goals for most of my preschoolers working on vocabulary in themes revolve around them being able to identify and describe a certain amount of things over a course of time (4 out of 5 trials/ 3 out of 5 trials). This is a quick, streamlined way for me to keep data of what they actually know. I sometimes lay each color picture out on the table and either ask them to identify what has been spoken or label. You can use the WH picture cards or related prompts to gather information as well.