PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Winter fun has only begun with these 10 winter themed science activities! Plus, 2 bonus lessons for some holiday fun! Each activity includes a list of materials, procedures, an explanation of what happens during the experiment, and questions to consider. Plus, a list of fun literature to go along with your experiments. You will also find a Winter Science Journal for your students with a cover to record all their predictions, observations, conclusions, and questions.
1. Winter Wonderland- Winter weather is on its way as students discover how a snow storm occurs while creating their own in a jar.
2. Snowball Fun- Never seen real snow? No problem! Let’s learn how snow is formed and make our own snow with baking soda and shaving cream!
3. The Mitten Experiment- Let’s bundle up as we question how mittens keep us warm in the winter? Is the mitten warm or is it something else?
4. You Make Me Melt- Nothing lasts forever as students discover the fastest method to melt ice.
5. Blubber, Blubber- Staying warm in the winter comes to the classroom as students discover how artic animals stay warm in their cold climate.
6. You Melt My Heart- Students will discover the effect that different liquids such as water, soda, and vinegar have on sweet candy hearts.
7. Will it Freeze?- Students will test different liquids to see what happens when and if they freeze.
8. Chocoholic- Get your sweet tooth ready to test the melting time of chocolate in your mouth!
9. Moon Munch- Learning about the 8 phases of the moon never tasted so good as students use Oreos to demonstrate each one.
10. Winter Bubbles- Blowing bubbles isn’t just for summer fun. Discover how blowing bubbles in the winter leads to a “frozen” good time!
Bonus* Christmas Cookies- Holiday baking is upon us. Find out how substituting baking soda or baking powder can make or break your dessert fun.
Bonus* Disappearing Acts- What do you call a candy cane with no stripes? Let’s find out how it happens and see for yourself!
You may also like:
Get them all in a Bundle:
Follow my store for instant updates on products, promotions, sales, and freebies!
Follow my Facebook page at The Conscious Educator!
Check out my website at: