Winter Seasonal Science Unit - Reading & Writing Activities - Snowflakes Snowman
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Teach non-fiction, animal, and science topics ALL YEAR with this massive bundle of 17 Non-Fiction & Animal Science Units. Make learning about animals, seasons, and other non-fiction topics fun with these engaging non-fiction ELA and science mini-lessons and activities. This resource will help yoPrice $84.25Original Price $168.50Save $84.25
- Do you need lesson ideas and activities to teach your students about summer, winter, spring, and fall? Make learning about the 4 seasons exciting with these engaging non-fiction ELA and science mini-lessons and activities for each of the seasons! This bundle of resources will help your first gradePrice $29.00Original Price $40.00Save $11.00
Do you need lesson ideas and activities for your winter unit? Make learning about winter fun with these engaging non-fiction ELA and science mini-lessons and activities about snowmen, snowflakes, and evergreen trees!
This resource will help your first grade, second grade, or third grade students build writing skills, understand informational text and build reading comprehension, and learn interesting facts about important winter themes and concepts this winter season.
⭐ Create anchor charts to lead your lessons and use the low-prep activities to teach a comprehensive unit that supports every student in your classroom.
⭐ Students will discover about autumn by reading captivating non-fiction text that is written in student language and completing partner projects and independent activities.
What you get in this HUGE Winter unit:
· Visual activity instructions for your lessons
· Non-fiction children’s book list about winter to use for your project
· Know, Wonder, Learn (KWL) & Schema activities with anchor chart headers
· Vocabulary and fact posters with real photographs
· Vocabulary activities – matching & cards
· Fact sorting and recording pages
· Labeled diagrams of a snowman, snowflake, and evergreen tree
· Printable booklets for kids to fill-in, read, and draw
· Life cycle of a snowflake with anchor chart headers, activities, and mini books
· Fall photo analysis
· Differentiated writing prompts
· Snowflake directed drawing
· Winter writing and craft
· Research report booklet and writing paper
· Compare & contrast winter to summer on a Venn Diagram
· Winter observation journal
· 3 winter experiments
**Check out the PREVIEW for a thorough look into what this resource includes!**
Why You Need the Winter unit:
- This unit provides several activity and template choices making it easy to and of your students.
- are presented to your students in a fun, engaging way with photographs to keep them focused and excited to learn more.
- This resource helps you about winter themes to of related vocabulary and facts.
- and with the included stories and ELA activities.
- , teach, and organize the facts and vocabulary for this unit with the easy to print anchor chart pieces.
- Use the included tools to facilitate a fun winter research project!
The best part? This resource as it is comes with and everything you’d need to teach your students about fall.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jennifer M. says,” This is a beautiful resource. My students love doing the activities and investigating. We spread the resource over a few weeks. They also love the little experiments. It is definitely a cross-curricular resource. Thank you.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Hannah V. says, “LOVED this resource. It was a fun way to look at winter other thanthrough the lens of holidays. My students enjoyed this and it worked well on distance learning too.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Holly H. says, “This product is AMAZING! So many activities and resources for my students. The quality of work is spectacular. This is definitely something I will use year after year! Thanks for this amazing product!”
⭐️ Bundle & save for a discount ⭐️
Purchase the Seasons Nonfiction Reading ELA & Science Bundle to get this pack plus Summer, Fall, and Spring units!
You may also like…
→ Nonfiction & Animal Science Units Whole Year Bundle
The activities align to the Common Core standards for Reading Informational Texts and Writing and the Next Generation Science Standards.
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):
W.1.2, W.1.7, RI.1.1, RI.1.2, RI1.3, RI.1.4, RI.1.5, RI.1.6, RI.1.7, RI.1.9, RI.1.10
W.2.2, W.2.7, RI.2.1, RI.2.2, RI2.3, RI.2.4, RI.2.5, RI.2.6, RI.2.7, RI.2.9, RI.2.10
W.3.2, W.3.7, W.3.8, W.3.10, RI.3.1, RI.3.2, RI.3.3, RI.3.4, RI.3.5, RI.3.6, RI.3.7, RI.3.9, RI.3.10
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
♥Click HERE to follow our store and receive notifications of new product releases, sales, and freebies.
♥Join our email list and get weekly teacher tip emails and access to our FREE resource library.
♥Visit our website at Proud to be Primary for tons of engaging ideas for teaching kids in the classroom!
♥Join our FREE Private Facebook group and connect with thousands PROUD primary teachers like yourself.
Please ask all questions before purchasing or email me at email@example.com.
©2013 to Present - Proud to be Primary - Elyse Rycroft