Looking for activities for a snowman themed unit
? One with sequencing and main idea skills in a variety of visual formats to give your struggling learners lots of practice
before increasing in difficulty level? Need help to differentiate instruction?
Try this! It now includes a free
set of interactive, NO PREP, NO PRINT Boom Card
activities to coordinate with this packet.
in this set start at a basic level, reviewing vocabulary and concepts related to a snowman. There are 2 different sequencing sheets that can be used for pre/post assessment
. Sequencing and main idea are the primary focus, with the same picture and story sequences being used for sequences of 2,3 or 4.
While the skill levels are low, the pictures and stories are appropriate for mid to upper elementary special education students. Additional skill areas, such as answering WH questions and making inferences from thought bubbles are included to make your mixed groups easier.
* Using the before/after snowman spinner with picture cards
to tell your own response
visual sentence scripts to use with picture sequences
* Winter sequencing game
that can be played at 2, 3 or 4 card sequences
* Snowman story or task cards and response sheet- listen/write the sentence that doesn’t belong
* Playing the open ended winter board game
* Making inferences
to match snowman picture cards to thought bubbles
* Students make their own snowman/thought bubble cards
* Game cards for answering winter WH questions
* Make your own foldable books
- building a snowman, getting dressed for winter
* Use math skills, if desired, with the snowman tally scoring sticks
* Use the NO PREP, NO PRINT interactive Boom Card set
. Try the preview for free!
What are buyers saying?
- Thanks! I love the different levels
- This seller has been very receptive to suggestions; I am glad for the extra BOOM cards!
- Love how this can be used on different platforms
* A complete table of contents listing in the preview
* BASICS section: following directions, snowman vocabulary, winter actions, simple sentences
* SEQUENCE 2 section: numbering pictures, first/then, before/after, sentences to match pictures, with or without pictures options
* SEQUENCE 3 section: first/then/last, builds on prior skills with 3 pictures, choose the title, main idea
* SEQUENCE 4 section: first/then/next/last, builds on prior skills with 4 pictures, write the title, choose the main idea, make predictions
* ACTIVITIES for skill application (listed above)
Please be sure to check the preview
to be sure that this is right for you! Still not sure? Just ask a question at my store and I’ll be happy to help! Thanks for stopping by! Linda @Looks Like Language
What are BOOM Cards?
Boom Cards live in the cloud. They can't be printed. They play on most modern browsers, Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. You open a Boom Learning account to play them (to protect the children). Create Fast Play pins to assign your Boom Cards to students.
Boom Learning also has premium accounts. Premium accounts offer advanced assignment tools, individual and whole class performance tracking, and more. If you are a new Boom Learning customer, when you redeem your Boom Cards purchase you get 90-day free trial of a premium account. When your trial ends, you can renew or move to a free account. You may upgrade, downgrade or cancel at any time.
use purchased Boom Cards with Fast Play pins.