Build comprehension using these 6 nonfiction mini-passages with winter themes, each featuring informational text and 4 multiple-choice questions on one page. Paragraph topics include hibernation, penguins, polar bears, igloos, the Yeti, snow sports, and more. The questions cover a variety of reading skills and are modeled after the types of questions on standardized reading tests. Great for cold weather reading!
The readability levels of these passages is in the 3rd-5th grade range. Please check the preview to help you determine whether or not they would be suitable for your students. 3rd graders will need more teacher support with decoding and vocabulary. You can purchase with confidence, as I have 32 years of experience in preparing upper elementary students for standardized reading testing!
Here is what you get with this resource:
• A Long Winter's Nap informational text and questions (1 page)
• Glacier Gangs informational text and questions (1 page)
• Ice My House informational text and questions (1 page)
• Mountain Man Mystery informational text and questions (1 page)
• Polar Playtime informational text and questions (1 page)
• Shiver Me Swimmers informational text and questions (1 page)
• Answer Key (1 page)
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
These passages have fun titles! As an added critical thinking BONUS, have students explain why they think the title of each reading passage was chosen.
I’d appreciate your purchase, your rating, and your feedback.
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► These Winter Reading Passages
are longer versions of 4 of these mini-passages.
► SAVE by purchasing the Short Reading Passages BUNDLE
► Click on the ★ to follow me for updates about new products, sales info & more!