This is a quick drill game for students with articulation /r/ difficulty. This could also be used for vocabulary cards.
12 vocalic /r/ cards in initial word position
12 cards with /r/ in medial word position
12 cards with /r/ in final word position
12 /r/ blend cards
6 blank snowballs
3 SMACK cards
3 missed target cards
1. Print all cards on card stock for best quality. Laminate all materials.
2. Place all cards face down in the center of the table. Students take turns drawing articulation cards. If they attempt to use good speech sounds and name the picture on the card they keep the snowball and start collecting for their snowball pile.
3. If they draw a snowman holding a snowball – they missed their target and they have to shuffle all their snowballs back into the pile.
4. If they draw a SMACK card. They hit their target and they get to keep that snowball plus draw another card.
4. The student with the most snowballs at the end of the game is declared the winner.