Winter Snowman Kindergarten Math Centers, Games, and Activities
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Kindergarten Math Center Activities are an essential way to make math fun in kindergarten. This bundle of math centers focuses on Kindergarten Math Standards, and provides students with repeated practice with fun math and hands-on math activities. Use these math centers for independent practice, smaPrice $45.00Original Price $84.00Save $39.00
8 kindergarten winter math centers that are perfect for your students. You will find that once your students learn these math centers, you can easily swap them to a new theme and you have a "BRAND NEW GAME!!!" Psst... it is the same type of practice. You will love how independent your students will be during center time with these math activities!
This math center set is snowman-themed and perfect for those cold winter days. Even though it says there are 8 math centers it is more than that because of the differentiation options.
Here is what you will find in this set of winter math centers:
- Snowman beginning number concept cards numbers to 20 -These activity cards can be used 5 different ways: sort, compare more and less, memory, play Go Fish, plus an additional game. These cards feature the numbers presented in different ways: Numerals, number words, ten-frames, and tally marks.
- Catching Snow Many Numbers - Connect 3 Game with 3 different handwriting practice pages. There is a numbers 1-6 worksheet for numeral recognition, a numbers 1-12 worksheet for addition, and a numbers 3-18 addition worksheet.
- Snowball Fight Bump Game - simple addition game with dice. Students can practice subitizing.
- Snowman's Day Out Roll and Color page.
- Snowman 5 Frame and 10 Frame Game - Students will practice making 5 and 10.
- Signs of Winter - Base 10 math matching activity
- Snowmen Measure It! 10 different winter-themed items for your students to measure and record.
Increase your students' math vocabulary during center time with the math talk cards that are included.
"I Can..." cards are included to foster student independence.
WANT TO SEE THESE MATH CENTERS AS THEY ARE USED IN A KINDERGARTEN CLASSROOM? READ THIS BLOG POST:
SAVE OVER 50% BY PURCHASING THE COMPLETE SET:
USE THESE KINDERGARTEN MATH CENTER ACTIVITIES FOR:
→ Independent Math Practice
→ Math Centers
→ Whole-Group Math Activity
→ Small-Group Math or Guided Math Activity
→ Intervention and progress monitoring
→ Early Finisher Tasks or Dessert Bins Activities!
→ Partner Fluency Practice
WHAT OTHER TEACHERS ARE SAYING:
"Using your math stations this year has been a real treat all around! The kiddos only need to be taught the first round and have been able to figure out the rest! It keeps math stations fresh, and this teacher happy!"
"Love these math stations! Lots of activities and routines. Change themes and it's a whole new center!"
"My students love these predictable games. I appreciate that they can be played many ways."
WHY TEACHERS USE MATH CENTERS Math centers are used as a way for students to "overlearn" various math skills. During math centers, students practice kindergarten math skills that they have already learned. Each math center in this series follows the same format. In this way, students play familiar games each week, but the change in theme keeps the engagement high!
WHY KINDERGARTEN TEACHERS LOVE THESE MATH CENTER ACTIVITIES:
✓ The math center activities are predictable!
✓ Teachers do not need to reteach the math center activity each week!
✓ The change in themes from unit to unit makes it feel like “A brand new game!!!” Even though the math center is essentially the same.
✓ Teachers are able to spend time with their small groups because they don’t need to constantly monitor the student centers. Their kindergarten students already know what to do!
VARIOUS USES FOR THIS KINDERGARTEN MATH CENTER:
Use it as a math center:
I like to put two students in a math center. This allows each partner many opportunities to practice. PLUS waiting your turn in kindergarten can be a challenge. Because I have 12 math centers going on at one time. I do not worry about students growing tired of the same math center.
Use it as a whole group activity:
These games and centers are fun to play as a whole group. Often times we would have a few minutes of time before lunch or before the buses came. I would simply grab one of these math centers and we would play them under the document camera.
Use these math centers in your small group:
These are great warm up activity when you are working with your small group! Spend 5 minutes playing one of these games and your kindergartners will be engaged and ready for new learning.
Use these as independent practice:
Some parents request homework that they can have their child do. I prefer to send a fun math center game home. Many are played with just a die, so they are easy for parents. Your kindergartners will love it and it won’t be a “drill” type task.
Use these as an early finisher task.
After the center is used in our math center rotations, I liked to place them in our “dessert bins.” Students can go back and revisit some of their favorite math activities.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS???
I have many blog posts on centers and management that may help you:
- How I manage centers
- How to start centers
- 12 Engaging math centers to last you all year
- What Works- Math centers
- Early Finishers or Dessert Bin Management
NOT SURE IF THESE CENTERS ARE FOR YOU? DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEWS OR TRY A MATH CENTER FOR FREE!:
Math Center for Kindergarten | Summer FREEBIE
- Math Fluency | Summer FREE
LOOKING FOR MORE MATH CENTER ACTIVITIES:
LET'S STAY CONNECTED!
►SIGN UP for my newsletter and get free resources delivered right to your inbox!