This winter sports theme product includes informational texts, activities and worksheets that review comprehension skills and writing skills and strategies.
Included are the following:
Informational Texts with basic recall questions. Answer keys are included.
• The Olympic Games
• Skiing and Snowboarding
• Chart-Alpine Skiing and Cross Country Skiing
• Chart-Freestyle Skiing and Nordic Combined
• Chart-Ski Jumping and Snowboard
• Mogul Skiing
• Aerial Skiing
• K120 Individual Ski Jumping
• Slalom Skiing
• Snowboard Half-pipe
• Slopestyle Skiing
Worksheet of Venn diagram for compare and contrast
• Use for comparing 2 events
• Worksheet-Sequence with cut and paste, answer key included
• Worksheet (blank)-Sequence cut and paste. Students write the sequence sentences.
• Mini-Poster for using sequence words when writing a paragraph
• Mini-Poster for reviewing that skill
• Worksheet-Reviewing and writing information gathered from the paragraphs. May be used with any or all of the paragraphs included.
Writing Persuasive Essays
• Mini-Poster for a quick review of that writing skill
• Worksheets (6) for writing persuasive paragraph about a particular Olympic event. Each worksheet has a picture to color and a guide to help with the writing.
Posters for 6 winter sports
The informational texts have readability levels from grade 5-8 however all passages are short (1 page with the questions) and could be used at lower levels with support. Questions are basic recall type and students may be able to find the answers right in the paragraphs. Higher level thinking skills are addressed with compare and contrast, sequence and writing. This packet is best used by U.S. teachers as the information would be most relevant for them.
Check out the preview to see pages included.