These independent/small group activities give students practice with the following skills:
• Sorting past/present/future tense
• Determining correct subject/verb agreement
• Adding inflectional endings (ed, es, s, ing) to base verbs
• Parts of speech anchor charts (verb, noun, adjective, adverb)
• Inflectional endings anchor charts (ed, es, s, ing), including when to ad -es and the sounds -ed makes.
• Verb building center: Students will use base word cards and add inflectional endings to build new words. There are three recording sheet options for differentiation.
• Subject-Verb Agreement Anchor Chart
• Subject-Verb Agreement Sort: Students will read 12 sentence cards and determine if the underlined verb and subject match. If they do not, students will re-write the sentence with the correct verb form on their recording sheet.
• Verb Tense Sort: Students will read sentence strips (18 to choose from) and determine the tense of the verb. They will record the verbs in a 3-column chart on their recording sheet.
• Sounds of -ed Sort: This worksheet provides additional practice for correctly reading words with -ed.
Please click the green star above under "Made by Miss First Grade" to follow me for updates, freebies, and discounts. Don't forget to leave feedback for TPT credits!
Teaching suffixes this winter? Kids love this polar animal themed resource!
This springy resource will help you continue your verb instruction and includes three levesl for differentation
Need a year-round reminder of those tricky -ed words? Download this free resource!