Also included in
- Riddles are a great way to model inference and to build seasonal vocabulary. This bundle combines two favorite seasonal riddle sets, Winter Vocabulary Riddles and Christmas Vocabulary Riddles. Each of the two sets includes 24 riddle cards and matching word/picture answer cards. Here's what else you'$6.60$8.25Save $1.65
- Be ready for every season with this bundle of 92 vocabulary riddle cards and activities! What a fun way to practice vocabulary for spring, summer, autumn, and winter!Click on any of the pictures to link to all of the resources in this bundle!Riddles are a great way to build vocabulary, and to model$12.50$16.00Save $3.50
- ELL, ESL, Spanish immersion, and dual language teachers, have you been looking for new and engaging ways to increase your students' vocabulary? This bundle of 24 riddle cards in English and 24 in Spanish will expand your students' winter vocabulary as well as strengthening the comprehension skills o$6.00$7.50Save $1.50
- Here’s a set of winter vocabulary riddle task cards and activities with the versatility of using either printable cards or Boom digital cards!Here are the resources that are included in this bundle:Winter Vocabulary Activities | Inference and Drawing Conclusions Riddles (printable)Boom Cards Winter$5.80$7.25Save $1.45
- This bundle includes more than 300 seasonal and thematic riddle cards, riddle writing templates, and related games for vocabulary development.Click on any picture above to link to previews of all of the riddle sets that are included in this bundle! All are available separately, but you'll save near$41.50$59.00Save $17.50
These winter riddle activities are a fun-filled and engaging way to build vocabulary and to lay the groundwork for early comprehension skills. Your kindergarten, first grade, and second grade students will love solving this set of 24 winter riddles as you guide them in building skills like identifying key details, answering key questions, and inferring.
This riddle set is included in several money-saving bundles linked here:
Here's what's included in this resource!
❄️ 24 winter riddle cards, printing at two per page
❄️ 24 picture/word answer cards
❄️ The same 24 riddles in full-page format for your interactive board
❄️ Ready-to-use Easel digital overlay for all 24 riddles
❄️ A writing template for your students to compose their own winter riddles
❄️ Winter Four in a Row vocabulary game
❄️ Bonus Math Activity! Winter Spin and Tally
Here are some ideas for using this set in your classroom!
* As a whole class or small group activity, use riddles to demonstrate how to strategically integrate the information in the clues and use the information to eliminate incorrect choices.
* Use the riddle cards and answer cards as a pocket chart center read, solve, and match activity.
* Read and solve riddles for mini-lessons on reading informational text.
* Use the included game board (uses the same 24 winter vocabulary words) as a small group or literacy center game.
* Bring writing into your riddle-solving activities! After your students are familiar with the format of riddles and you have modeled writing several together as a class, use the included writing template. Have your students write and share their own winter riddles!
* Put an extra set of the answer cards in your math center along with the Spin and Tally game.
Integrate curriculum to help your students build lasting cross-curricular connections!
Here's what teachers like you have said about these riddles:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Devon R. said, "Great resource for my kids with word finding difficulties and vocab goals".
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Jennifer H. said, "Love this! I use them for exit cards from class and also put them on a bulletin board for the whole school to use! I love that they are common core!"
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Deanna J. said, "My students were so engaged with these fun riddles!"
Get ready for SPRING with Spring Vocabulary Riddles!
Here are some other riddle sets that you and your students will enjoy!
Be the first to know about my newest resources! Click HERE to follow my store. You'll receive email notification whenever I post a new resource. You'll also find an occasional Followers Exclusive freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks! ☺
Primary Inspiration by Linda Nelson