These winter themed activities work well for ELA centers that can last over several weeks and are perfect for a kindergarten or first grade classroom.
- Winter write the room (you can hang these fall themed pictures throughout your classroom for students to label or keep them in a center and students can label them). These are a great way to introduce vocabulary.
- noun, verb and adjective sort (include 12 adjective colored cards, 12 colored noun cards and 12 verb cards for a center)
- noun and verb and/or noun, verb and adjective spin a ___ partner activity
- noun and verb and/or noun, verb and adjective independent student sort
- silly sentences (students create a sentence using the nouns and verbs and illustrate it on their paper). For this, I have included colored backgrounds for nouns (orange) and verbs (blue). If students need support, you can teach them to make a sentence <<The (orange card) can (blue card).>> or if students do not need the support, they can choose a noun and verb for the sentence.
You may also like:
Halloween Vocabulary and Grammar Activities
Thanksgiving Noun and Verb Sort