Also included in
- Incorporating the seasons into your classes doesn’t just mark time going by. It can cultivate gratitude and provide a time to celebrate those moments that fly by.I often wanted to acknowledge the seasons in my classes, but I couldn’t find resources that focused strictly on the seasons without mentio$36.67$40.75Save $4.08
- Enjoy the winter season with your students SANS holidays! None of the resources in this bundle mention any holidays--it's strictly seasonal vocabulary. By seasonal, I mean WINTER, not season's greetings or anything like that. Not everyone celebrates one or more of the holidays that typically fall$9.00$10.00Save $1.00
Navigating the minefield of winter? Go with teaching the season instead of the holidays! Introduce your students to some winter-related activities and vocabulary with this digital presentation. I created this for adult students. It will likely be of interest to high school students but will NOT engage young learners.
Each of the 30 terms includes a full-color photo and a sentence that has the term in context.
It's a PDF, but it's set up so you can flip through the slides just like a PowerPoint. I used the same images as the Winter Bingo, and both go well with the Winter Worksheets. (Of course, you can save if you just grab a bundle!)
The Easel version has moveable boxes covering the questions and the information so that you can reveal them as you are ready to. (Please see the preview.)
- Terms and activities are common in the United States.
- NO mention is made of any holidays or festivals. This is strictly the season of winter.
Need something interactive & digital? Check out my Winter Vocabulary BOOM CARDS.
- Winter Vocabulary 1 BOOM CARDS: In this deck, students will hear a winter-related term/phrase and then select the correct image from a group of six images. There is no reading or typing involved.
- Winter Vocabulary 2 BOOM CARDS: In this deck, students will hear a winter term/phrase. They then select the correct image from a group of six images and the correct term/phrase from a group of six. There is no typing involved.
- Winter Vocabulary 3 BOOM CARDS: Students type the correct term/phrase and can use see the shuffled letters to use as support. Listening to the audio is an option.
- Winter Vocabulary 4 BOOM CARDS: Students type the correct term/phrase for each image. Listening to the audio is an option. No shuffled letters are given.
More Winter Resources:
- Winter Vocabulary Digital Presentation for Adult ESL
- Winter Vocabulary Worksheets for Adult ESL
- Winter Vocabulary Bingo for Adult ESL
- Winter Writing Prompts
Bundles for Seasonal Vocabulary *NO HOLIDAYS*