Five winter-themed word work centres to use during Daily 5 time, literacy centers, or any other time of day!
1. Winter Stamping Fun - Students stamp winter words. Optional word bank to assist them. (Any type of alphabet stamps work with this centre.)
2. Winter Race Sight Word Game - Students practice reading sight words in this wintry board game. Includes 60 Dolch word cards and 15 blank cards to write your own words.
3. Snowball Soup - Students build CVCC words by scooping letters out of snowball soup (cotton balls or pompoms). There is a recording sheet to go with this centre.
4. Winter Word Family Sort - Students sort picture cards by the long "a" word families (ay, ail, ake). There is a recording sheet to go with this centre.
5. Compound Word Mittens - Students match up mitten cards to create compound words. There is a recording sheet to go with this centre.