Also included in
- This year-long reading and writing bundle includes 24 RESOURCES/ACTIVITIES - THAT'S OVER 500+ PAGES of quality, engaging reading and writing content that incorporates all of the big holidays! This bundle will take you from August/September all the way through to May/June!!WHEN YOU PURCHASE THIS BUND$90.00$129.25Save $39.25
These Digital and Print Winter Writing Prompts are a fun and challenging Winter Activity for your middle school students! Perfect for Grades 5 and up! These 24 winter writing prompts are laid out in a quilt-style (similar to our Reading Response Quilts) in order to help you differentiate for your students.
Prompts range from simple to challenging! You can assign prompts, have students choose, assign one a day for a few weeks, or use them for the days leading up to the winter break! Use however you choose!
**This resource now includes 24 total prompts on two different Winter Quilts!**
INCLUDED IN THIS UNIT:
- Instructions for Use: We walk you through and provide you with suggestions for how to use each of the resources included in this unit.
- Our Figurative Language Cheat Sheet: Good narrative writing requires strong use of figurative language devices. This cheat sheet (which is FREE in our TpT store) is a great way to review with students, provide examples, and have students come up with their own. Use this resource to review and prepare students to use figurative language in their own Winter Story!
- 24 Winter Writing Prompts: Prompts range from simple to challenging and can be used to differentiate your instruction in your classroom! Please see below for two examples of the prompts we've included. This resource also has cute Winter clipart! Prompts are on two separate pages - 12 prompts on one page and 12 more prompts on a second page.
- Winter Lined Paper: A place for your students to write their final drafts! You can have your students also draw an accompanying picture and hang up their writing and picture side-by-side for a cute winter bulletin board!
- Narrative Writing Rubric: This rubric is a great resource to help you assess your students' writing. This is not specific to this winter resource, so you could make use of this rubric in any other narrative writing unit you use in your classroom!
WRITING PROMPTS SAMPLES:
"Imagine you are sitting in front of a fireplace, drinking hot chocolate with your friends and family. What does the scene look like? Describe it in detail, including the setting, time of day, all sensory details, etc. Describe this specific scene so well, your reader could imagine themselves with you as well."
"As the chairlift rose higher and higher above the mountains, and the snow fell heavier and heavier upon my fog-covered goggles, I couldn't help but think, what would happen if ..."
If you have any questions about this resource, please feel free to send us an email at email@example.com Thank you!
OTHER WINTER/CHRISTMAS RESOURCES FROM EB ACADEMIC CAMPS: