Whether you are trying to find a way to encourage your students to write over their winter breaks, or, encourage a love of writing daily in the classroom, these twenty prompts will help the writing begin!
Included in this packet are TWENTY writing prompts that will hopefully lead to the possibility of some very creative writing within your students! (That’s a months worth of writing!) From writing narratives, to planning a commercial, to technical writing, students will enjoy the variety of prompts. Each prompt is featured on its own writing page, that can easily be printed for students or broadcasted to them.
The prompts in this packet include:
- Describe what is outside your window
- Gingerbread house design
- Stuck inside of a snow globe
- Five senses poetry
- Letter to a friend or teacher
- A day as a snowflake from the snow
- Steps to making hot chocolate
- Summer activity in the winter
- Introducing an alien to winter
- Commercial to visit my hometown
- Winter day comic
- Celebrations in Winter
- Incredible igloo designs
- Transporting a clump of snow to space
- To hibernate (or not)
- The perfect sled course
- Care for a penguin
- Snapshots of a Winter day
- Winter Sweaters
These prompts could be used in a variety of ways within classrooms! Happy writing & stay warm this winter!