Winter Writing for Second Graders is a packet of second grade writing activities with a winter season theme.
The writing activities can be used for a writer’s workshop, at a thematic writing center, or for independent and guided writing practice.
The packet includes:
3. Learning About Winter – write, illustrate, and share 5 facts about the winter season.
4. What can you write about a snowman?
5. Dear Winter Note – write a note to “winter” telling what is special about the winter season.
6. Letter to a Favorite Winter Story Character
7. Write a List! – draw pictures and write a list of winter writing ideas.
8. A Winter Story – draw and write a story about winter.
9. How many words can you make from the letters in snowman?
10. Ready, Set, SNOW! - write about snow or a time that it snowed.
11. Winter is SNOW Much Fun! Writing
12. Winter Colors - complete the sentences about the colors of winter.
13. How to Make a Snowman Booklet
14. Compare and Contrast Winter and Fall – complete a Venn diagram.
15. Animals That Hibernate in Winter/Do Not Hibernate in Winter Lists - write a list of 6 animals that hibernate in winter and 6 animals that do not hibernate in winter.
16. “I Love Snowy Days!” Snowman Description
17. What Will I Wear in Winter? Writing - write about what people wear in winter to keep warm.
18. Winter Nouns and Adjectives
19. Fun Winter Activities Nouns and Verbs
20. Read a Winter Book Writing - write about and illustrate the favorite part of a winter book.
21. Retell a Winter Story - complete a graphic organizer by illustrating and writing and/or labeling the beginning, middle, and end of a winter story.
22. A Snowman Story - story structure graphic organizer.
23. Retell a Snowman Story - complete a graphic organizer by writing and illustrating the beginning, middle, and end of a snowman story.
24. Main Idea/Details Winter graphic organizer - use the graphic organizer to write the main idea/details of a winter story they want to write or a winter story they have read.
25. Snowmen are COOL! A Class Book
26. A Penguin Story
27. I can write about penguins.
28. All About Polar Bears
29. Writing About Polar Bears
30. Winter Sentences - write a sentence for each given winter word. Use own winter words to write sentences.
31. My Little Book of Winter Fun
32. Thank You and Credits
Includes graphics by Fancy Dog Studio
and graphics &/or fonts copyright Dianne J. Hook. www.djinkers.com. License #: 0813188809.
For more winter activities see:
I Love Winter Literacy and Math
Winter Literacy Centers
Winter Math Centers First Grade
Winter Math Story Problems Addition
Winter Math Story Problems Subtraction
Winter Writing for Firsties
Winter Writing for Kinders
First Grade Schoolhouse