This was a festive bundle pack that I created to be used in December/January and for Christmas. Some of the activities are "Christmas" themed, but others can be used as a "winter" themed. I tried to include areas that all first and second graders should review and practice. I also tried to make the activities extremely fun and enjoyable. There are 11 different fabulous activities that your kiddos will absolutely love!!! I am super proud of this unit, and am sooo very pleased with how it turned out. So I really hope you like it just as much...it's my baby! My graphics and cliparts are Krista Wallden's and she has such elaborate and detailed clipart...it makes every activity cute and pretty. Anywho...be sure to check out the preview...and here is a brief/quick blurb of what is included:
- Christmas ABC Order: the kiddos put festive holiday words into ABC Order. Words are grouped together by 4 words per festive card, with 8 total cards. Includes a recording sheet.
- Elf Syllable Sort: the kiddos sort super cute holiday pictures (with name included for each) based on whether they are one, two, or three syllables. Includes a recording sheet.
- Reindeer Noun Sort: the darlings sorting festive super cute pictures (with name included for each) based on whether they are a: person, place, or thing. Includes a recording sheet.
- Making Words: there are two card versions - one version uses the words “winter wonderland”, the other uses the word “Christmas”. The kiddos try to make a variety of words using the letters. You could use one at Christmas time, and the other for winter. Both versions also have two different recording sheets. One sheet is used to just list words, the other can be used to have the kids list words and then create a sentence.
- Minty Synonyms: the kiddos enjoy a delicious matching game with synonym cards (matching red mints to green mints). Includes a recording sheet.
- Winter Antonyms: the sweeties match winter attire (hats and mittens) antonyms cards (hats to mittens). Includes a recording sheet.
- Polar Bear Snowball Scramble: the darlings match adorable polar bear cards to scrambled up sight word snowball cards. Includes a matching recording sheet.
- Candy Cane Spin: this includes 4 different no-prep worksheets. (short a/long a, short i/long i, short o/long o, short u/long u). The kids spin the beginning sound spinner, find a word part/family that matches to make a real word.
- Hot Cocoa Sort: Using the parts of speech (noun, verb, adjective), the sweeties sort yummy marshmallows and match them to their hot cocoa header.
- Gingerbread Contractions: The darlings match gingerbread boys (two word cards) to gingerbread girls (contraction cards). A recording sheet is included, and has the kids thinking about the composition of a contraction through an addition sentence.
- Santa’s Compound Words: The kiddos match Santa faces to make festive compound words. A recording sheet is included, and just like the contraction sheet, this one also requires the kiddos to think about their compound words in terms of an addition sentence.
I would love to give a world-wind of credit to:
Krista Wallden for ALL her amazing, detailed, beautiful Clipart
Kevin and Amanda for their "Wish I Were Taller" and "Smiley Monster" fonts
Hello Literacy for all her super cute "Hello" fonts
Tessa Maguire for her spinner Clipart
Pink Cat Studio for the Gingerbread Clipart
Cutesy Clickables by Collaboration Cuties