January & Winter Literacy Activities “Snow” good for your students! January Songs, Poems, Reader’s Theater with Literacy Resource provides creative, applicable and adaptable Literacy Activities for K through 3rd grade.
• 20 Original Songs, Poems & Finger plays in Color and Black and White
o Songs are sung to Familiar tunes!
• Themes: Winter, Snow, New Year, Hygiene, January, Snowflake, Snowman
• Readers Theater Scripts
in 2 versions PK-1 and Grades 2-3 (numbered & without numbers for easy grouping)
• List of CC Standards Strands
• How to use in your classroom and teaching ideas.
• Writing Activities Include:
• Accommodate all students using these writing templates.
• Writing activities come in 3 levels to ensure meeting the needs of all students.
• Writing Templates come in 2 variations: Pre-K and Kinder/First dotted lines and 2/3 lines.
o graphic organizers, writing prompts, Mini-books and writing templates including:
o 5 Circle Maps
o 5 Tree Maps
o I like winter because . . .
o How to build a snowman.
o January . . .
o What would you like to do in the snow?
o How to build a Snow fort set includes: graphic organizer, planner and writing template.
o My Favorite thing to do in Winter-Coloring and writing activity
o 6 Fill in the blank mini book pages
o Winter is Fun-Coloring
• 2 posters- “Let It Snow”, “I Love Winter”
• Word cards for pocket charts:
o Snow Fort
• Puppets to color, cut and use in literacy activities.
• Craftivity: Build a snowman
• This resource supports COMMON CORE Daily 5 for practice in fluency, vocabulary and comprehension skills reinforcement.
• Use This Resource
• DAILY 5
• MORNING WORK-Reading; Writing
• LITERACY CENTERS-Reading; Memorizing
• SHARED READING ACTIVITIES
• READERS THEATER WHOLE CLASS
• WRITING CENTERS
• INTERACTIVE POETRY CENTER (GRAPHICS for Bulletin Boards)
• Use this resource as whole class instruction or to differentiate instruction for small groups and pairs.
• This resource supports Daily 5 or a Reader’s Workshop for practice in fluency, vocabulary and comprehension skills reinforcement. K-3
You may want to check out Christmas Songs, Poems, Readers Theater Literacy Resource
• Spring and Earth Day Songs, Poems and Readers Theater Resource
• For questions about content, other resources and copying, please use the “ASK A QUESTION” section.
• Click on the Star under my store name and FOLLOW ME for Sales and New Resources.
• Want to get Free store Credits? Go to “my purchases” and click on “Provide Feedback”.
• All products and works are copyrighted by Sing Play Creatively LLC.
• Sing Play Creatively YouTube Channel
• Sing Play Creatively Pinterest
• Sing Play Creatively Blog
• Sing Play Creatively Store
• Sing Play Creatively Facebook
Thanks for stopping by!