January and Winter Literacy Activities “Snow” good for your students! Winter themed Songs, Poems, Reader’s Theater with writing activities provides creative, applicable and adaptable Literacy Activities for K through 3rd grade.
• 20 Original Songs, Poems & Finger plays in Color and Black and White
o Songs are sung to Familiar tunes!
• Themes: Winter, Snow, New Year, Hygiene, January, Snowflake, Snowman
• Readers Theater Scripts
in 2 versions PK-1 and Grades 2-3 (numbered & without numbers for easy grouping)
• List of CC Standards Strands
• How to use in your classroom and teaching ideas.
• Writing Activities Include:
• Accommodate all students using these writing templates.
• Writing activities come in 3 levels to ensure meeting the needs of all students.
• Writing Templates come in 2 variations: Pre-K and Kinder/First dotted lines and 2/3 lines.
o graphic organizers, writing prompts, Mini-books and writing templates including:
o 5 Circle Maps
o 5 Tree Maps
o I like winter because . . .
o How to build a snowman.
o January . . .
o What would you like to do in the snow?
o How to build a Snow fort set includes: graphic organizer, planner and writing template.
o My Favorite thing to do in Winter-Coloring and writing activity
o 6 Fill in the blank mini book pages
o Winter is Fun-Coloring
• 2 posters- “Let It Snow”, “I Love Winter”
• Word cards for pocket charts:
o Snow Fort
• Puppets to color, cut and use in literacy activities.
• Craftivity: Build a snowman
• This resource supports COMMON CORE Daily 5 for practice in fluency, vocabulary and comprehension skills reinforcement.
• Use This Resource
• DAILY 5
• MORNING WORK-Reading; Writing
• LITERACY CENTERS-Reading; Memorizing
• SHARED READING ACTIVITIES
• READERS THEATER WHOLE CLASS
• WRITING CENTERS
• INTERACTIVE POETRY CENTER (GRAPHICS for Bulletin Boards)
USE THIS RESOURCE
Use this resource as whole class instruction or to differentiate instruction for small groups and pairs.
This resource supports Daily 5 or a Reader’s Workshop for practice in fluency, vocabulary and comprehension skills reinforcement. K-3
MORE LITERACY RESOURCES:
SONGS, POEMS, READERS THEATER, WRITING RESOURCES
You may want to check out Christmas Songs, Poems, Readers Theater Literacy Resource
Spring and Earth Day Songs, Poems and Readers Theater Resource
ABOUT SING PLAY CREATE LLC.
All products and works are copyrighted by Sing Play Create LLC.
For questions about content, other resources and copying, please use the “ASK A QUESTION” section.
Want a Freebie every month? Click on the Star under my store name and FOLLOW ME.
Want to get Free store Credits? Go to “my purchases” and click on “Provide Feedback”.
Follow Me here for Freebies and Sales
SING PLAY CREATE YOUTUBE
SING PLAY CREATE WEBSITE
SING PLAY CREATE FACEBOOK
SING PLAY CREATE INSTAGRAM
Thanks for stopping by!