Amazing Animal Doodles
- this is the perfect eye-catching art and creative writing project for your Winter or Animal Themed Classroom.
This detailed resource is inspired by Folk Art around the world, using bold, simplistic geometric and floral shapes and bright colors highlighted against black and white.
These doodle animal templates have been designed to really engage your students creatively, spark their imaginations and inspire them to explore and experiment with color, shape and pattern.
The resource pack contains:
1. outline templates: owl, stag, fox, bear, squirrel, rooster, hare
2. completed colored examples to use as inspiration and posters
3. pattern making template pages to experiment and design new patterns
4. a selection of background patterns to place cut out animal shapes onto
5. a creative writing activity page for each template - answer questions, write a short story and create a poem around your chosen animal
6. make your own ‘Folk Art Doodles’ banner to help display your students finished artworks
7. descriptive words and titles for the bulletin board
Key materials needed:
1. good quality heavyweight paper for printing
2. Choose from felt tips / markers, colored pencils, crayons for the art activity
The examples were created using Sharpies, black is important.
3. scissors, glue, string for banner
Connect with Diane @ The ImaginationBox
visit my website and blog
sign up for my newsletter
regular new art ideas on facebook
follow me on pinterest for inspiration
follow me on instagram
All original artwork ©The ImaginationBox/Diane Pagan 2017