This thematic unit is FULL of winter themed fun. It includes 11 Literacy Activities, 7 Math Centers, 1 Science Reader, multiple writing activities, and vocabulary cards with definitions. It also includes multiple vocabulary activities that you can use in centers or guided reading groups. This set is perfect for getting students "back into the swing of things" after their winter break! The concepts are presented in a fun and engaging format that make them perfect for centers, guided reading, math intervention and small group work!
The Literacy Games include practice on the following concepts:
* Base Words plus inflections er and est. (Matching card game with recording page)
* Contractions (Students will match animals to their correct "homes")
* Sorting long and short vowel words (Sorting cards game)
* Rhyming words (A really fun concentration game)
* Reading words with digraphs and diphthongs (A super engaging game where students are trying to gather the most amount of cards without getting the penguin cards)
* Using Science vocabulary -- focusing on winter, weather, and temperatures (Multiple games and activities including vocabulary books, worksheets, matching activities and more!)
* Writing (multiple writing prompts and recording pages)
* Writing a Sequence of Events- Students will put pictures in order and then write how to make a snowman, have a snowball fight or how to catch a snowflake.
*Captions- students will look at a variety of winter pictures and write a caption about them. The pictures are very detailed and students will love looking at them and coming up with great sentences to describe them.
*Reading with fluency and accuracy with a mixed up poem- students will work together to put a winter poem together.
*Critical thinking skills- in the center "riddle me this" students will read a variety of riddles and work together to figure out what winter word the riddle is talking about.
All of these centers are geared to help students think critically, work on their reading skills in a fun way, and encourage independence among your students.
The Math Centers include practice on the following concepts:
* Addition with three addends
* Missing addends
* Fact Fluency
* Frames and Arrows (number patters)
* Adding 10 to a number
* Trading up to get to 100
All center games come with at least one recording sheet!
The packet comes with an 11 page reader full of winter facts, a student book that they can create, an art project, writing activities and more!
Please download the preview to see more of what is included. You and your students are sure to love this packet!