These Winter Literacy activities are NO PREP, and part of the Read and Write and More! Fun, Differentiated Early Literacy Skills for K-2 series!
These language activities cover a variety of early literacy skills!
Please note that a number of activities are / can be differentiated with the inclusion of multiple versions, and that a number of the pages work through Google Classroom.
If you already own Winter! Differentiated, fun early literacy skill printables, this resource is included in that resource (which is becoming a bundle).
This set includes the following printables:
- Tips page: Tips for using activities
- two printable activities for ringing in the New Year (reading for meaning, writing a short passage), plus a Happy New Year card
- Winter cover page students can color
- two pages of Winter word / picture match (labels) with word boxes (cut and paste option)
- Does it make sense? Fun reading for meaning activity.
- Monster vowel snow-pitch: fill in missing vowel (cut and paste option)
- Winter: Count and Print the Number Words
- syllables: Winter: How many syllables? Students can do this independently or as a group, 2 versions provided (with and without text).
- phonemic awareness, in Winter: Fill In the Missing Sounds Elkonin sound boxes (3 versions for easy differentiation)
- Complete the picture, option to use one of sentence strips provided (including blank to write own) to cut up and reorder (mixed up sentences).
- writing: Two versions of a fun Winter themed 3-part Graphic Organizer are included; blank and with prompts
- matching writing paper to go along with organizers
This resource is also available in:
- Winter! Differentiated, fun early literacy skill printables
- Fun K-3 Literacy Skills Bundle for the whole year! Read and Write and More!
Sample it free!
- Click here to try a graphic organizer like those included in Read and Write and More, sets, free!
- Click here to try the differentiated sound boxes and syllable printables like those included in Read and Write and More, sets, free!
Thank you in advance, to those of you who generously take the time to leave feedback here. (And give yourself a little pat on the back, too - you will have just topped up your TpT credit balance!)
- Free New Year Printable Activity K-2!
- My Winter Things and Red Things (for Valentine's Day!) - 2pk Sight-Word-Stages Level aa Guided Reader and Activity Sets
- Free Printable Valentine Cards for our Reading Buddies
More Read and Write and More!
- Pirates! Differentiated, fun early literacy skill printables!
- Fall / Autumn! Differentiated, fun early literacy skill printables!
- Spring! Differentiated, fun early literacy skill printables!
- Summer! Differentiated, fun early literacy skill printables!
- North Pole! Differentiated, fun early literacy skill printables!
- Nativity! Differentiated, fun early literacy skill printables!
- Canada! Differentiated, fun early literacy skill printables!
Looking ahead -Spring resources:
- St. Patrick's Day Things - A FREE Sight Word Stages PreEmergent Reader
- Spring calendar pieces
- Spring and Green PreEmergent Readers and Activities
- ANZAC day storybook lesson and printables K-2
- Kindness Resources Kindergarten and Primary (ANZAC Day 2pk)
- Easter Fun Fluency Reader - It's All About the Eggs
- The Bunny Hop Easter Song and Movement Poster with Coloring Sheet Freebie
- Easter Emergent Reader and Activities
- Earth Day Free Writing – K-2 Graphic Organizer and drawing printable!
- Spring Read and Write and More! Fun, no and low-prep printable Early Literacy Skills Activities!
- Sight Word Leveled Readers, Activities: Mom and Dad!
- The #DWF EVERYTHING Bundle! (all #DWF TpT products continuously added here!)
- Dealing With Feelings 1st 7 Storybook Lessons
- Reading Buddy Activities for the whole year!
- The Complete Personal Printable Alphabet Book Kit with over 200 Line Art Images!
- Kindergarten First Grade Alternative Reading Log
- Kindness Storybook lessons, bulletin board
☆Followers’ Fave FREEBIES!☆
- Free Sight Word Game Sample (Smart phone box)
- 10 page Back to School FREE literacy sampler!
- Free Sample: Flexible and Fun Reading Log
- FREE: How to make familiar reading fun for kids - Handout for parents and volunteers!
- The Top Three Reading Prompts Bookmarks - Free!
- FREE Elkonin sound boxes and syllable printables like those included in Read and Write and More, sets!
- Free K-2 Graphic Organizer and drawing printable (Earth Day)!
- Thank you for being my Reading Buddy Card FREEBIE!
- Community Helpers - A FREE Sight Word Stages Lv B Reader
Pop by for a visit on:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Log in and go to your My Purchases page. Click the Provide Feedback button, where you will be linked to the page to leave a rating and short comment for the product.
Be the first to know about my new products, discounts and freebies:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive email updates about ThatFunReadingTeacher on TpT!
Winter language activities | literacy activities | Valentine's Day activities | New Year's Activities | Groundhog Day Activities | kindergarten | primary language arts | syllables | phonics | words | number words | graphic organizers | 100th day of school K-2 writing activities