Three significant, well-known quotes, from the Chinese Philosopher Confucius. This worksheet is a great extension for critical thinking about philosophy, and how thinking can influence people and society. Confucianism, when implemented later in his life, led to near zero crime in the city. Let's explore why!
Students will read three provided Confucius quotes, explain what it means to them personally, and what significance it would have on society if it was the official policy.
Then they will search for two more on their own (in class or at home) and evaluate them as well.
To conclude, students will hypothesize why some government officials would like, and also dislike, Confucius for his beliefs.
This is a great discussion based review or quiet reflection time.
Try my TOP 6 Middle School History Resources in my HaugerHistory TPT Store!
6. Colonial Sales Booth Project Students Sign Up Settlers to the Colonies
5. Free: Geometry Walk: Take Math Outside
4. Sub-Saharan Africa Matching Vocabulary Terms and Extra Detail Test
3. 3 Months of Reflective Journal Writes from History December Winter Prompts
2. Create Your Own Feudal Empire Project Students Create A Middle Ages Country
1. 5 Keys to Winning Speech and Debate for Students by a Debate Chamption
And whether you buy or not, enjoy a free acoustic song, free from me! "Laddering" Unplugged