1. Did you know that Making Connections requires a 2-part response from students?
2. Do you want your students to answer Making Connections questions with details? Encouraging students to write a “little story” in their responses helps bring out the details.
3. Remember: Visualizing an answer helps students express themselves in writing.
This product encompasses all three of the above elements resulting in a student product that practices and demonstrates a thorough understanding of Making Connections.
* Text to Self (boy and girl worksheets)
* Text to Text
* Text to World
* Front and Back worksheet for each connection
Front: space for title and author of the book
Back: Making the Connection: picture and writing components
Prompt to get writing started
Once you teach your students how to complete this activity, they can do it independently, in Literacy Centers, with a partner, with a group, or by themselves.
Use it for fiction and non-fiction books!