This Wizard of Oz Unit includes:
1. Factually Speaking - a set of Addition Flash Cards 0-12 for students to work with a partner to place the problem card and answer card side by side under the appropriate heading/answer. Students are "speaking" to each other about the math facts as they work their way to create a big math fact chart. This gets students up and out of their seats and becomes body/brain learning.
2. Read and Write Around the Room - "posters" are provided and the intent is that the posters will be hung around the room. Students place the Recording Sheet on their clipboard, choose a pointer, walk around the room finding the posters
and filling out the Recording Sheet.
3. Estimation Jar - this jar is designed to be themed-based and provides an opportunity to practice various math standards. Fill the jar with green candy – probably what would be served in Emerald City!
4. Task Cards - this set of Task Cards provides practice for students to work with double digit subtraction with regrouping.
5. Math Mats - print in color, laminate and place at math center for students to use with manipulatives. I use yellow legos for the yellow brick road.
6. Exit Tickets - students answer as they leave for the day or change tasks.
7. Pictures of book covers of books you might want to use during this unit.
PLEASE NOTE ONLY DIGITAL CONTENT NO PHYSICAL ITEMS!
How to get TpT credits to use on future purchases - Log in, go to "My Purchases," beside each purchase there will be a "Provide Feedback" button. Click it and there will be a page to leave a quick rating and a comment about the resource. When you provide feedback you will earn TpT credits that can be applied to future purchases to save you money!
How to Follow My Store - Click the green star beside my name at the top of my store page. You will then be notified when a new resource is posted.
JourneyED through Educational Transformations