A book a week: Wombat Stew by M Vaughan.
Read the book daily for a week and complete an activity a day - oh so simple!
1. Pre-Reading Words – a list of story words.
2. Sequencing – students cut and sequence story events
4. Multiple Choice Comprehension
5. Writing – students can create their own ‘stew’
6. Writing – students write down Wombat Stew as a recipe.
7. Rhyming Words and Brain Stretches
8. Cloze activity – comprehension
9. Bumper word search
10. Beginning/Middle/End sequencing sheet – student draw and write.
11. Wombat Facts poster
12. Mini Report Writing template – 2 options
13. Dingo Song – students cut and glue the Wombat Stew dingo song.
14. Suggestions for Art/Craft/TE
15. Animal Sort
16. Display Sign
17. A few internet links – not my creations but some useful docs out there on the net!
All activities were created with Year/Grade 1 in mind!
THIS IS NOW PART OF A 3 BOOK BUNDLE!
Bundled set: Wombat Stew, Koala Lou and Blossom Possum
Prefer a different font... if I can, I will..just ask!