Women in History Month Actress Singer Audra McDonald Newspaper Form
- Internet Activities
- Easel Activity
Also included in
- Save 20!! This growing bundle is focused on 16 biographies of professional theater artists. Suitable for middle grade and high school students, the biographies include a description of the artists' journeys to success in their field, trivia, quotes and suggested video clips. A teacher could use thePrice $34.65Original Price $52.75Save $18.10
- SAVE!! February is Black History month! Here's a great way to celebrate by studying the life journeys of two popular performing artists--Denzel Washington and Audra McDonald? These four lessons, two close reading and two one pager assignments are similar but different, depending upon the needs of tPrice $10.40Original Price $13.00Save $2.60
- DISCOUNT 30%! Are you looking for year-long theater education curriculum and help from an award winning, veteran drama teacher? I created a gigantic bundle of drama lessons, units and plays to help you! This bundle includes 49 products (NEARLY 1,500 PAGES) which were all created by me and time testPrice $199.14Original Price $285.24Save $86.10
- Save 20%! Here is a bundle (560 pages) of theater lessons and units created especially for high school. Theater classes can be more than scenes, improvisation and monologues. There are more than enough lessons here to study in high school, especially for second semester beginning theater students--Price $108.84Original Price $155.49Save $46.65
- BUNDLE save 30% Here are 44 lessons (1,070 pages) with research and study guides focused on Tony Award winning Broadway musicals and famous theater artists through short biographies. Students study, research, synthesize and apply the information with opportunities for individual, distance and/or coPrice $153.62Original Price $219.45Save $65.83
Celebrate Black history and Women's History Month with a close reading biography lesson that will also re-energize your class. This biography about the performing artist and EGOT winner, Audra McDonald is suitable for middle and high school students and can be used as a stand alone lesson or with other biographies. Each lesson in the Places Please series is tailored to the strengths of that particular artist.
In addition, a teacher can assign these lessons to students distance learning. #DistanceLearningTPT
Need a quick emergency lesson plan? Or one for a substitute?
This Product (formatted as a newspaper) Includes:
- A Complete Bio about Audra McDonald from birth to present day
- A Suggested Lesson, Creating New Lyrics for a Song From a Musical, Complements the Learning
- Important Dates in Her Life
- Awards She Has Won
- Quotes from McDonald
- Questions and Answer Sheet (including a key)
- Sources & Links to Film Examples--McDonald Interviews and Performances
Comprehensive? You bet.
This is a unique, engaging product created by an award winning, veteran drama teacher of 38 years.
Do you follow me? If not, I hope you will. Follow Me
Check out my other TPT products at:
Here's what reviewers have said of my products:
Storytelling with Student Created Pictures
"This is a great very well written resource and very good for text comprehension! Thank you!"
Costume Design with Fairy Tales
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
Set Design the School Setting
"Love this unit! What a great way for students to work together!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.