This EDITABLE POWERPOINT
contains 49 SLIDES and 3 HYPERLINKED VIDEOS on 10 amazing and inspirational women in science. This is a wonderful resource for any science teacher who would like to expose their students to the contributions that female scientists have made. This power point is scientifically informative, but also very inspiring for young girls (and boys) who might not know how many extraordinary female scientists have come before them. I certainly was inspired when I decided to make this PowerPoint for my classes, and I thought to myself, "Why didn't I make this lesson earlier?!". I would use this for students in grades 9-12. But it can be easily modified for students in younger grades.
CLICK HERE to watch this Power Point on YouTube.
WOMEN SCIENTISTS COVERED:
1) Hypatia of Alexandria (Greek mathematician and philosopher)
2) Jane Goodall (leading primatologist)
3) Mae Jemison (first African American Woman in space)
4) Marie Curie (two time Nobel Prize winner in physics and chemistry)
5) Barbara McClintock (leading geneticist)
6) Helen Brooke Taussig (founder of pediatric cardiology)
7) Rachel Carson (author of ground breaking book "Silent Spring")
8) Florence Sabin (groundbreaking female physician)
9) Maria Telkes (pioneering solar engineer)
10) Grace Murray Hopper (pioneering computer engineer)
For every PowerPoint I make, I also make PowerPoint Worksheets to go along with the PowerPoint
. With the worksheet, students are provided with a tool that prompts them to follow along and take organized and interactive notes during the PowerPoint. This works very well for both advanced and mainstreamed students as well as students requiring more assistance.
SAVE 25% BY PURCHASING THE LESSON BUNDLE
You can also purchase all of the items in this topic buy purchasing them as a BUNDLE with a discount of 25% off all the items.
Women in Science - LESSON BUNDLE
25% OFF = $11.06 (A value of $14.75)
ALL THE INDIVIDUAL PRODUCTS ON THIS TOPIC AND IN THE LESSON BUNDLE
Women in Science - PowerPoint Worksheet
Women in Science - Review Worksheet
Women in Science - Crossword
Women in Science - Quiz
CLICK HERE TO SEE TANGSTAR'S PRODUCTS FOR OTHER TOPICS