In this mini-unit, students will learn about the unique experience of women in the Civil War. Frustrated with societal norms that prevented them from participating as men could, many women disguised themselves as men and fought, spied for their respective sides, and reshaped the face of battlefield nursing.
* 3 pages of informative and interesting text (adapted from my textbook “We Take Nothing by Conquest”
* an inquiry based study guide for the chapter to focus students on the main points and supporting details;
* a 13 slide PowerPoint with answers to the study guide for review, including pictures to stimulate discussion and enhance understanding;
* a 5 page Teacher’s Guide which provides day-by-day and step-by-step instructions how to use all of the materials;
* a 5 multiple choice question unit quiz to assess student learning.
Answer keys for the study guide and unit quiz are included in the Teacher’s Guide. Materials are provided as word documents and PDFs in one zip file.
This mini-unitis part of a complete and comprehensive unit
on the Civil War and Reconstruction.
For more like this, visit my store: Ye Olde US History Emporium
Visit me on Facebook at @YeOldeHistoryTeacher