Women's achievements throughout the history often been omitted from history textbooks. To help students understand the role of women in society have them research a decade in history of the United States and analyze how did the status of women change over time. Students will create a Slide Show using google docs ( slides). This project in addition to women's history will teach them 21st century technology skills such as using and sharing google docs with each other and working independently on the same presentation at the same time from different computers.
Included in this internet research project are:
1) step by step instructions for students that include a detailed description of what should be included in each slide
2) rubrics: for oral presentation, content, and creativity of the slides
3) cut outs of the the decades that students should select for the research
4) post-presentation activity: quick write prompt instruction
5) internet resources with links attached ( take hours to put together)
This is a long term project. The duration of the project may take
from 2 weeks to one month, depending on the abilities of your students.
This project helped my students understand the changes in society and how those changes affected everyday lives of women.
This project might be used for Women's History Month research as well as independent research project.