Also included in
- This bundle includes resources to help you incorporate under-represented history into your classroom without having to give up lesson time needed to cover the curriculum. These biography profile cards can be used in 5 minutes a day and will introduce students to 30-42 people a month, not to mention$20.00$25.00Save $5.00
Are you looking for a way to integrate women’s history into your classroom daily, even though it might not be in your curriculum? I was, so I created this product.
WHAT OTHER HERITAGE MONTH CARDS ARE THERE?
- Black History Profile Cards (February)
- Women's History Profile Cards (March)
- Hispanic Heritage Profile Cards (Sept. 15 - Oct. 15)
- Asian Pacific Heritage Profile Cards (May)
- Native American Heritage Profile Cards (November)
- Profile Card BUNDLE
LOOKING FOR A DIGITAL VERSION WITH LIVE LINKS?
- Black History (February)
- Women's History (March)
- Asian Pacific Heritage (May)
- Hispanic Heritage (Sept 15. - Oct. 15)
- Native American Heritage (November)
- Digital BUNDLE
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- 36 biography cards
- 10 daily challenge prompts (these can be reused since they will switch Americans daily)
- Teacher Guide
HOW DO I USE THEM IN MY CLASSROOM?
You can read a blog post about how I use them HERE.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The idea is that cards (which have a woman’s photo on the front and a couple sentences about that person on the back) will be put onto necklaces or clips. Everyday your students will get a new necklace for the day. They will read about that woman and share with peers, talk about that woman at lunch or to their specials teacher, etc. through the day. At the end of the day, there is a “Daily Challenge” that takes mere minutes. The teacher projects or asks the question (or sentence frame) from the challenge card and students respond orally with a partner, group, or as a class with a response for the specific person they have. This can be turned into a writing activity, but will maintain it’s significance just through discussion. By the end of the month your students will have been exposed to multiple influential women from history and will have had deep, meaningful discussions, without having to try to interject lessons into your already crammed pacing.