This Women's History Month unit can be used in a number of ways. Students can work on a different person on each day and fill in the graphic organizer as they read. This can also be used as a group project. Divide the students into groups and have each group present a person to the class. Students can fill in the graphic organizer as they listen to the presentation.
There is no prep involved. Just print and go!
1. 2 page reading for each person (This includes 4 comprehension questions for each reading.)
2. Graphic Organizer for each reading
3. 1 blank organizer for students to research their own figure (Extra Credit!)
4. 1 Pre-Reading “What Do You Know?” worksheet (Students will write down any facts that they already know.)
5. 1 matching worksheet “Who Am I “ (Students will match statements to the correct person.)
6. 1 “Writing Prompts” worksheet (Students have 5 writing prompts to choose from as a post-reading activity.)
7. 1 “Interview” worksheet (Students will choose one of the women to "interview". They will come up with 5 thoughtful questions.)
The 6 Women's History Month figures included are
Susan B. Anthony
Check out the preview for a better look!
Similar units include