Women's History Month Activities Bundle #1: Nonfiction Passages & Activities
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
Also included in
- Famous Americans Bundle has 36 units about Famous People in History. Your students will love learning about all these influential and inspirational people while completing these fun activities! Each biography unit has reading passages, hands-on activities, and vocabulary to learn all about these famPrice $113.75Original Price $162.50Save $48.75
Women's History Month is a time to celebrate inspirational women in history. This BUNDLE has a variety of activities to learn about six women who dedicated their lives to making the world a better place.
- Sojourner Truth
- Harriet Tubman
- Helen Keller
- Malala Yousafzai
- Clara Barton
- Susan B. Anthony
Each unit includes reading passages, comprehension questions, quotes, character mini-booklets, and vocabulary posters. There are several ways to use this unit to differentiate for students.
Have students read the passages where they will meet six women of courage and learn all about their lives. The articles are written in 2 different formats depending on your students and the time you have for this unit. There are questions and scenes for students to connect and color. There are six (2-page) biography organizers to check for understanding or evaluate their reading.
✔Meet Sojourner Truth
✔Meet Harriet Tubman
✔Meet Malala Yousafzai
✔Meet Clara Barton
✔Meet Helen Keller
✔Meet Susan B. Anthony
✔Life Story with Scenes & Questions
✔Fact or Fiction Activities (6)
✔Character Mini-Booklets w/Timeline Facts
✔Create a Women of Character Scrapbook
✔Character Traits Activity
✔Vocabulary Photo Posters for character traits
✔PLUS Flip Books for ALL of these Famous Ladies
1. Have students read the passages about each of these famous ladies and answer the comprehension questions on the organizers.
2. Have students complete the character mini-booklets with timeline dates. These fit inside their notebooks. Visual directions for students are included on the next page.
3. Have students put together a Women of Character Scrapbook. Use the reading passages to complete the fill-in-the-blanks and Who Am I? activity. Lastly, color and assemble it to build a Women of Character Scrapbook.
4. Have students complete the flipbooks to place inside their interactive notebooks.
► Bessie Coleman Biography Unit w/Articles, Activities for Women's History Month
► Malala Yousafzai Unit: Articles, Activities, Flip Book for Women's History Month
► Mary McLeod Bethune Unit w/Articles, Activities for Women's History Month
► Susan B. Anthony Unit: Articles, Activities, Flip Book for Women's History Month
► Sojourner Truth Unit: Articles, Activities, Flip Book for Women's History Month
CHECK OUT MY OTHER POPULAR SOCIAL STUDIES UNITS:
Three Branches of Government Unit
JUST FOR YOU!! To assess the quality and see the style of my work please check out these two FREE activity packs by clicking below:
Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER to gain access to our FREE Library of Classroom Resources, special giveaways, and to see our products in action!
***Please know that I spend a lot of time researching, creating, writing, and proofreading my work but even after several revisions there may still be a typo or grammatical error. Please let me know if you find a typo or feel that a correction is needed. Just click on the Ask a Question section or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org versus leaving negative feedback so that I can fix it as soon as possible. I value your input to make my products the highest quality possible. Thank you in advance for your help and support!
Copyright © Heart 2 Heart Teaching LLC. All rights reserved. This file is intended for classroom and personal use only. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
**You may print for your personal, classroom use, and non-commercial use only.
**Clipart, graphics, photographs, found inside this product are copyrighted. They may not be extracted from this file without written permission from the original artist(s).