Women's History Month Biographies Reading Passages and Activities
- Google Apps™
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Your students can enjoy learning more Women's History Month biographies with this no-prep printable & digital packet featuring nonfiction reading comprehension passages on the lives of seven amazing females.
These Women's History Month Reading Activities feature a diverse set of females who have helped change history for people from all walks of life!
Each biography details the lives of different people who have helped open doors for other girls and women + these stories show individuals who have fought for the equality of all people.
- Oprah Winfrey--An African-American TV Icon
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie--A Nigerian novelist
- Greta Thunberg--A Swedish environmental activist
- Malala Yousafzai--A Pakistani girls' educational activist
- Susan B. Anthony--An American pioneer in the women's suffrage movement
- Marie Curie--A Polish scientist
- Frida Kahlo--A Mexican painter & artist
- 7 Reading Comprehension Worksheets (2 pages for each biography)
- 7 Text-Aligned Question Worksheets to practice citing text evidence
- 7 Timelines of each Women's History Month biography
- 2 Reflection Worksheets to review Women's History Month & Equality
- 4 Graphic Organizers that can be used for ANY Women's History Month activity
- Answer Keys
- Google Slides + Easel Activity by TpT Versions
With this resource, you are giving your students the opportunity to practice essential reading skills such as referring back to the text, inferring, discovering word meaning in context, and critical thinking.
But your students are also learning important information about people who have impacted American history and the equality of girls and women all over the world.
As you teach Women's History Month activities in your classroom, you are empowering students to be the change our world still needs to see!
This standards-aligned resource best serves 4th-5th Grade students. _________________________________________________________________
—Madam CJ Walker Biography Set
—Black History Month Biography Set
⭐WANT DISCOUNTED TPT RESOURCES?!
Did you know that you can get TpT Credit that lowers the prices of your future purchases?
Each time you make a purchase, you can offer a rating and feedback on that resource in exchange for credits that will go towards your next purchase!
So thanks in advance for your rating and feedback!
⭐LET'S STAY CONNECTED!
Please consider clicking the green star ★ beside my picture to follow me for updates and first dibs on the latest classroom goodies from me!
©Tanya G. Marshall--The Butterfly Teacher, All Rights Reserved 2020 (UPDATED 2023)
This resource cannot be copied and/or shared and resold. If you would like to share these printables with your teaching team or co-teachers, please purchase multiple licenses (I offer a discount for multi-licenses). It is protected under DMCA laws.
All of the research for these biographies came from the following: Who Is/Who Was Biography books, History.com, Google Scholar, and Academic Info. None of these are affiliates or sponsored research sites.
All images included are copyright free from Adobe Stock, Canva Pro, and Pexel Images