Also included in
- Looking for Black History month activities that are more than just worksheets? These Black History crafts, projects and craftivities for K-5 students are the perfect way to engage students in these pioneers in the fields of medicine (Dr. Daniel Hale Williams), technology (Garrett Morgan), educationPrice $13.60Original Price $17.00Save $3.40
- Looking for suitable activities for your students that are more than just worksheets for Black History and Woemen's History month? This engaging Dr. Mae Jemison reading and craft activity is a simple way for grades K-1 to be introduced to the life of the scientist and astronaut who made history as tPrice $5.50Original Price $7.00Save $1.50
- This set of 21 Black History Month activities includes hands-on crafts and projects to engage your students and get them excited about historical and modern day figures and events! Leave the worksheets behind and inspire your students with these activities in a meaningful way that they will remembPrice $67.30Original Price $84.13Save $16.83
- Looking for suitable Black History Month projects for your students that are more than just worksheets? This bundle of six popular Black History crafts and readers provide an engaging way for your students to learn about famous these African Americans and their important contributions to American liPrice $34.78Original Price $43.48Save $8.70
- Looking for Women's History Month bulletin board projects that are more than just worksheets? These crafts, projects and activities for 2-5 students are the perfect way to engage students in these pioneers in the fields of coding (Ada Lovelace), aviation (Amelia Earhart), space exploration (Dr. MaePrice $12.80Original Price $15.99Save $3.19
- Looking for Women's History Month bulletin board projects that are more than just worksheets? These crafts, projects and activities for 2-5 students are the perfect way to engage students in these pioneers in the fields of coding (Ada Lovelace), aviation (Amelia Earhart), space exploration (Dr. MaePrice $27.20Original Price $34.00Save $6.80
This Dr. Mae Jemison Black History and Women's History bulletin board craft project is a great way to engage your young learners in the life of an amazing woman. In addition to being a brilliant scientist, engineer, computer software analyst and doctor, Dr. Mae Jemison was also the first African American female astronaut. This makes an amazing bulletin board that will wow your school!
Click here to save when you buy this Black History Craft Activities (Dr. Mae Jemison; Ruby Bridges; Garrett Morgan; Dr. Daniel Hale Williams) bundle!
- After learning about Dr. Jemison, students create their own astronaut - either as themselves or as Mae
- Use the headed paper to write about the life of the astronaut, or blank paper to write about what it would be like to be in space, why I would like to go to space, etc.
- Display on bulletin boards
- If your school is holding a Black History/Women's History assembly, these crafts with writing are a fabulous way to share what your students have learned
- Step-by-step directions with photographs - print out for groups or display directly onto a whiteboard
- Templates that can be run directly onto colored paper or traced around
- Writing paper with solid and broken lines
- Background biographical information about Dr. Jemison for teacher use
- Writing prompt with scaffolded sentence stems
Check out other Black History resources in my store!
Did you buy this when it was reduced? ALL NEW PRODUCTS are reduced for the first 24 hours after uploading, but only followers find out about new crafts. Don't miss out! Follow Sweet Sensations and be the first to know when new resources are published.