Women's History Month READ ALOUD STEM™ Activities BUNDLE #1
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (5)
Also included in
- Integrate STEM and Literacy in your classroom all year with READ ALOUD STEM Volume One! Everything you need to be the Master STEM Teacher at your school! Awaken imagination and creativity all year. Students learn coding, engineering, explore real world problems, learn about STEM role models, pioneerPrice $100.00Original Price $158.25Save $58.25
Integrate STEM and Social Students during Women's History Month in your makerspace, STEM Club, Library, and 1st Grade through 5th Grade classroom!
Teach students that anyone can be successful in STEM and important leaders in our world regardless of gender.
Build a lunar lander to help Apollo Astronauts land on the moon with Margaret Hamilton. Write and decipher binary code with Grace Hopper. Engineer a plane to fly around the world with Amelia Earhart. Create a code with the original code maker, Ada Lovelace. Engineer the Scales of Justice with Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Includes 5 Women's History Month Read Aloud Activities and lessons as amazing companion activities to our favorite Women's History Month Read Alouds:
- Margaret and the Moon by Dean Robbins
- I am Amelia Earhart by Brad Meltzer
- Grace Hopper Queen of Computer Code by Laurie Wallmark
- I Dissent: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Makes Her Mark by Debbie Levy
- Ada Lovelace and The Thinking Machine by Laurie Wallmark or Who Says Women Can't Be Computer Programmers by Tanya Lee Stone
These Women's History Month STEM Activities are more than craftivities. Each STEM Challenge takes students through a process where they develop critical thinking and engineering skills. Students plan, design, and execute their own ideas. After they have completed their activity and game, there is time for reflection on what worked and what didn't.
Amazing resource for STEM club, STEM Teachers, parents who love hands-on learning, and elementary teachers who want to create a hands-on educational environment in their classroom!
Each Activity Includes:
- Teacher Instructions
- Student Instructions
- STEM Journal
- Student Planning and Reflection Pages
- Writing Activity
- NGSS Standards
- Common Core Standards
- TpT Digital Version for Distance Learning with Google Classroom
To use Easel for Distance Learning, select "Open in Easel" on each individual product listing. Works with computers, laptops, chromebooks, ipads, and tablets.
ALIGNS TO NGSS
K-2-ETS1-2 Engineering Design
Develop a simple sketch, drawing, or physical model to illustrate how
the shape of an object helps it function as needed to solve a given
K-2-ETS1-3 Engineering Design
Analyze data from tests of two objects designed to solve the same problem to compare the strengths and weaknesses of how each performs.
3-5-ETS1-2 Engineering Design
Generate and compare multiple solutions to a problem based on
how well each is likely to meet the criteria and constraints of the
3-5-ETS1-3 Engineering Design
Plan and carry out fair tests in which variables are controlled and failure points are considered to identify aspects of a model or prototype that can be improved.