Also included in
- This Women's History Month, celebrate with the inspirational words of incredible women from the worlds of sports, science, writing, business, and the arts! With 130 posters in total, you can choose your favorites or use them all. Let's make Women's History Month a year-round thing! Each poster incl$20.00$25.00Save $5.00
- This Women's History Month, celebrate with the inspirational words of incredible American women from the worlds of sports, science, and the arts! With 77 posters in total, you can choose your favorites or use them all. Let's make Women's History Month a year-round thing! Each poster includes:an insp$12.50$15.00Save $2.50
These inspirational quotes posters from women in STEM fields are a perfect way to celebrate Women’s History Month in any classroom (especially a science or math one)! They're also a fantastic and easy way to promote careers in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) to your female students. This set includes 27 posters in a convenient PDF format (one poster per page). You will see a truly diverse spectrum of amazingly accomplished American female scientists, mathematicians, engineers, and more represented in this collection of inspiring quotes. I really enjoyed researching these women and finding a dynamic quote for each one. There are many familiar faces in this collection, but there are others that I couldn’t believe I wasn’t more familiar with once I realized the contributions they had made. By incorporating these posters into your classroom, you will be sending a subtle, but powerful message that women have been making steady and meaningful contributions to the world of STEM (and the world at large) for longer than they are often given credit. Let’s make Women’s History Month a year-round thing!
Each poster includes:
- an inspirational quote from an accomplished female STEM professional
- the name of the individual and the years they lived (many are still alive)
- a brief (one to two line) description of what they achieved in their chosen STEM profession
You will find fantastic and inspiring quotes from the following STEM professionals:
Maria Mitchell, Florence Bascom, Anne Jump Cannon, Ynés Mexia, Lillian Gilbreth, Edith Clarke, Marjory Stoneman Douglas, Barbara McClintock, Grace Hopper, Rachel Carson, Gertrude Elion, Katherine Johnson, Rosalyn Sussman Yalow, Esther Lederberg, Stephanie Kwolek, Vera Rubin, Annie Easley, Sylvia Earle, Margaret Hamilton, Jeanne Lee Crews, Patricia Bath, Shirley Ann Jackson, Linda Buck, Temple Grandin, Patricia Cowings, Mae Jemison, and Ellen Stofan
The STEM fields represented include:
astronomy, geology, chemistry, botany, industrial engineering, electrical engineering, software engineering, aerospace engineering, environmental conservation, cytogenetics, marine biology, pharmacology, biochemistry, mathematics, physics, microbiology, computer programming, rocket science, planetary science, and animal science
Ideas on how to use these STEM Quotes Posters:
- Pick your favorites and use them to make a bulletin board to celebrate Women’s History Month
- Display a new quote on your board each day of Women’s History Month for students to see as they walk into class (a great no-prep option!)
- Print them and make a border around your classroom or chalkboard
- Display them in random places around your classroom and allow your students to discover them (you could even turn this into a scavenger hunt)
- Use them to decorate your lab space and inspire your student scientists
- Let your students pick one of the female scientists to research in more depth as an extra credit or enrichment assignment
- Have each student find out more about a particular scientist and share what they learned as you present the corresponding quote (works well as an individual assignment if you have 27 or fewer students in your class, otherwise they would need to work with a partner)
Interested in more great quotes posters to celebrate Women’s History Month? Be sure to click on the links below for my posters featuring inspiring quotes from female athletes, artists, authors, and entrepreneurs:
Interested in all these sets? Purchase them together and get a discount! Click the link below to check out this money-saving bundle:
Looking for Inspirational Quotes Posters to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month? Be sure to click on the link below to see my posters featuring inspiring quotes from Hispanic and Latinx leaders in STEM:
Interested in Inspirational Quotes Posters to celebrate Black History Month? Be sure to click on the link below for my posters featuring inspiring quotes from Black Americans in STEM fields:
Please note: While some female scientists are celebrated in both my Women’s History Month and my Black History Month Inspirational Quotes Posters sets, their featured quotes do not repeat. Botanist Ynés Mexia is featured in both my Women’s History Month set as well as my Hispanic Heritage Month set. Her quote is the same in both sets.
I know that you’re going to love what these posters bring to your classroom!
CLICK HERE to follow Impossible Things Learning and be notified when I add new items to my store!
- The posters will come as a PDF file that you can print or display on a screen.
- Each poster fits on one page of the PDF and each page is 8.5 inches by 11 inches (standard printer paper size).
- If you want to display them on a screen using a projector (with your SMART Board or Promethean Board for example), just open the file in Adobe and select “View” and then “Full Screen Mode”. From there, use the arrows on your keyboard (or the screen) to advance the slides. I’ve included a link to the Adobe page of directions detailing how to do this in the file as well.
- Printers vary so you may need to play around a bit with the printer settings to get the finished look you prefer. I recommend only printing one poster at a time when you first try it out so you can see how it looks and make sure it is what you want before you print the rest.