PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This craft or craftivity is perfect for Black History Month and Women’s History Month! It can be done as an individual project or a group project. The craftivity can be adjusted for various writing levels. Every child from your advanced writer to a beginner will be able to participate and show what he/she learned about one of the most decorated American gymnasts.
There is enough material for one lesson. Depending on the grade level that you teach, you can structure your lesson the following ways:
- read the passage to your students,
- use the written response worksheet as your guide to ask oral questions to the text to check comprehension,
- make the craft or the easy version of the craftivity,
- color bookmarks for school-to-home connection.
1st and 2nd grade:
- have your students read the passage and complete a written response worksheet independently,
- make a craftivity or a group project and present it to the class,
- print and distribute bookmarks.
Display your students’ work in your classroom, on a bulletin board or in your hallway and receive many complements from your fellow teachers! It’s guaranteed!
The completed craft measures about 27” (68 cm) in height.
This resource includes:
Table of Contents
Written Response Worksheet
Large Picture of the Completed Craft
Pictures of Different Ways to Assemble the Craft
Craft/Craftivity/ Pictures and Description
Group Project Pictures and Description
Printable Passage for the Craft
Bookmarks in Color
Black and White Bookmarks
I have several more Black History Month and Women's History Month resources in my store: