A new addition to my early 20th Century comic book series. A thirteen page comic book to introduce the early history of the Women's suffrage movement. It outlines the differences between the 'Suffragist' and 'Suffragette' movements as well as the major events that influenced the suffrage movement at that time. Contains a quiz and other useful resources, and can be printed out in black and white, used as a slide show on a computer, or as a PDF e.book on a tablet.
The Common Core states, 'There is a need in literature and social studies classes to evaluate content presented in diverse media and formats including visually and aurally.' I believe that comics and graphic novels can fulfill this standard and I hope you find this product an engaging way of teaching your students.
1. A thirteen page PDF color version of the comic with a comprehension quiz at the end. This can be printed out or displayed as a slideshow on a computer or used as an e.book on a tablet.
2. The same thirteen page PDF comic in black and white for easy printing.
3. An ePub version for teacher's use on a tablet.
4. A student print that has a section for dictionary work and an exercise for practicing some of the more difficult words in the comic.
5. A student answer print for the comic quiz and dictionary tasks.
6. Two writing prompts to extend the lesson. The first is a comparative writing task to outline the differences between the Suffragists and Suffragettes. The second is a task to discover the origins and history of the women’s suffrage movement in the student’s own country.
7. A teacher's notes print that provides directions on using the comic and useful links to sites about World War 1 and trench warfare.
All prints are in PDF format.
Other short comics in this history series can be found at the links below:
WW1 Life in the Trenches
Women's Suffrage in Britain - Comic Book
by Paul Carr (kibishipaul)
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License