If you're planning to show your students the movie Wonder, you will need a way to keep them focused on learning. While the film has countless embedded learning opportunities, tweens and teens probably won't take the time to reflect on them unless we ask them to do so.
This Wonder movie guide features 36 questions to get students thinking critically about the film, staying engaged and reflective.
- Some questions ask students to think deeply about an answer that can be inferred
from the movie. For example, What does it mean to be ordinary?
- Some questions ask students to show understanding of a complex idea
from the text. For instance, In what way do Augie's parents have different philosophies about how he should deal with bullies?
- Some questions ask students to extend their thinking beyond the text
. To illustrate, "When given the choice between being right or being kind, choose kind." How does this precept apply to your own life? Be specific.
This Wonder movie guide is intended to help students think meaningfully about what they are watching so that the time they spend viewing the film leaves them with ideas about how to be more kind and understanding people.
For your convenience, I have created two different versions of this Wonder movie guide (see the thumbnails for a visual). One version is in traditional format, and the other is in a more visually appealing format.
A suggested answer key is provided as a guide. Individual student responses may vary due to the nature of the questions.
Looking for more movie guides to keep students focused and engaged? Try these:
The Secret Life of Pets Movie Guide for Big Kids
Sing Movie Guide for Big Kids
Trolls Movie Guide for Big Kids
Cinderella Movie Analysis with Gender-Based Questions
Mr. Peabody & Sherman Movie Analysis
Find more movie guides, including holiday listings here
Browse other unique ELA teaching resources here
Let's stay connected for updates, sales, new products, and teaching ideas!
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales and new products!
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases...bonus! Plus, I'd love to hear from you.
© Reading & Writing Haven
All rights reserved by author.
Duplication limited to single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.