There is always Room 4 Engagement with this fun and thought provoking thematic unit on the novel Wonder by RJ Palacio.
Read-a-Louds are living, breathing entities. They evolve with each class that they are read to. Not every piece will work for every class, every year. Pick and choose what works best for you and your students.
This story touches on so many themes. With bullying being a major concern, Wonder could not be more applicable to the lives of young people.
With this Novel Unit you will receive:
• Detailed notes on each Theme
• Theme Display Chart
• Lyrics to “Wonder” by Natalie Merchant
• Individual Theme Headings for class charts
• Key Quotations to facilitate class discussion
• Each Quotation on a mini-poster for discussion
• Writing Style Activity
• Figurative Language Activities
• Mr. Browne’s Precepts Student Journal Activity
• Individual Precept Mini Posters
• Categorizing the 3 Types of Bullying Activity
• Student Response Journaling Activity
• Students Response Empathy vs. Sympathy Activity
• Character Analysis Activity for each major character
• I am Poem Activity (From Auggie’s POV)