Wonder Novel Study Unit WORKBOOK & Novel Study for Wonder + DIGITAL Included
Use this hands-on, interactive Wonder Workbook to teach kindness and courage with your students. Everything you need to teach a unit on the novel Wonder by R.J. Palacio is included in this editable unit!
: As of July 24, 2020, this bundle includes both the PRINTABLE and the DIGITAL version of the workbook. This digital version is perfect for distance learning and compatible with Google Slides and Google Classroom.
This EDITABLE resource includes the following activities:
- Teacher directions
- Postcard precepts INTERACTIVE BULLETIN BOARD
- Welcome to your “Wonder Workbook” student letter
- 15 Wonder themed bell ringer prompts
- “Before you read” worksheet
- Comprehension questions for all eight (8) sections of the book.
- “Stereotypes: Eliminating Judgment” activity
- “Mr. Browne’s Precepts” chart
- Vocabulary charts
- Extended plot structure foldable specifically for Wonder
- Wonder characterization flipbook
- “We’re All Wonders” extension activity (for upper grades)
- Wonder task cards
- Wonder complexity wheel
- Wonder focus lesson
- Identifying themes in Wonder graphic organizer
- Figurative language tic-tac-toe
- Kindness campaign project
- Wonder portraits project
- Concrete poetry activity
- Final test
- Cover pages for each section
This resource is based on Bloom's Taxonomy-- higher level thinking skills!
Your students will master a variety of skills during this unit including:
- Writing for purpose
- Reading beyond the text
- How to remember, understand, apply, analyze, evaluate, and create based on the text and materials included
- How to follow along with the text and identify themes, figurative language, and literary elements
- How to identify stereotypes and eliminate them through kindness and courage
- Mastery of vocabulary terms
- The deeper meaning of Mr. Browne's precepts
- Identify and explain the plot structure of the novel
- Create products for a purpose
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "I am a 8th grade Social Studies teachers whose schedule completely changed this year. Now I am teaching 6th graders in a Global Thinkers class with a emphasis on reading and writing. This Wonder Workbook has been a LIFE SAVER! This has made my job of teaching a novel for the first time a lot less stressful. The activities in this workbook (comprehension qs, vocab, plot, etc.) let my students reflect on the book and helped me check their understanding as we go along. Thank you so much for creating this amazing resource!" -Chelsey P.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "So many great pages in this resource! We use it as a guide as we read through Wonder. Wouldn't read the book without this resource!" -Deborah O.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "I love this resource so much! I was really struggling with how to do a novel study digitally, and this digital notebook saved me. It has options for both in-person and remote learning, which really suited my needs as I was teaching hybrid. I love how it had thought provoking questions as well as creative assignments. It was 100% worth the buy!" -Magic With Ms. Mandy
Please download the preview for more information. The preview provides images of the Wonder Workbook in action.
Connect with Me
Find me on Snapchat: Superheroteach
If you like this product, please leave feedback!