The bundle includes a 22-assignment pack, accompanying assessment, and essay for a total of 78 pages! The 22 assignments ask questions about each chapter and on a variety of skills such as the following:
• Identifying main idea and support using details from the text
• Identifying and analyzing parts of plot – how elements of a story interact
• Identify conflict and types of conflict
• Analyze how conflict affects characters and creates suspense
• Analyze character and make inferences about character motivation
• Identify and analyze symbols for their deeper meaning
• Summarize Ancient Greek myths and how they are presented in the novel
• Identify themes of the text and explain the lesson learned
• Analyze the effectiveness of flashbacks and foreshadowing
The assignments can be used for class analysis or for homework. Students must also identify an example of figurative language and draw the visualization. The end of each chapter leaves room for a mini-reading quiz for students to make sure they are reading.
The first page is a homework/classwork responsibility sheet. For each assignment the student turns in, completed, and on time, they receive a stamp. Incomplete homework receives an X and stamp, and missed homework results in an X. Students love a fully stamped homework sheet!
Also included is an answer key! The key provides answers to the questions but not all questions fit into just one answer! Use at your discretion. There are simple comprehension quiz questions with answers in the key as well.
As part of the bundle, a comprehensive assessment is included. The test includes 8 character quote matching section, 16 multiple choice questions, 4 short answer questions, and 1 longer analysis question. An answer key is also included for the test. The document is also in Word to allow for modifications to fit your classroom.