A comprehensive set of learning tasks, designed to be used as summary activities for Part 4 of the novel.
1. Cloze Test - Summary of plot events in "Fill in the blanks" format (2 pages).
2. Vocabulary Crossword.
3. Ordering Task - Bullet point list of plot events. Students are asked to re-arrange into the correct order.
4. Vocabulary Word Search - a fun activity. In addition to finding words in the grid, students are asked to show their understanding of words by writing new sentences.
5. Fun crossword puzzle. All entries are names of characters or places mentioned in this section of the novel.
6. Creative writing activities. These ask students to imagine themselves as characters in the novel and then write dialogues, a news report, diary entry and e-mails as those personae, based on events in this section. These tasks give students an opportunity to show a deep understanding of the novel, as well as to practice writing in different formats.
There are 10 pages of worksheets for students to complete, in addition to the 5 page answer key.
Some of these items are available as standalone products. You can read further descriptions of them in my store. This product is also available as a component in my larger product bundle Wonder Student Activity Pack