A comprehensive set of active learning tasks, designed to be used as summary activities for Part 7 of the novel. This set of worksheets/tasks is created to reinforce and stimulate learning through activity. The inclusion of many different types of activities is a ploy to appeal to students' different learning styles.
1. Cloze Test - Summary of plot events in "Fill in the blanks" format.
2. Vocabulary Crossword. Word bank included.
3. Ordering Task - Bullet point list of plot events. Students are asked to re-arrange into the correct order.
4. Vocabulary Word Search - a fun activity. In addition to finding words in the grid, students are asked to show their understanding of words by writing new sentences.
5. Summary fun crossword, with entries relating to characters in this part of the novel.
6. Creative writing activities. These ask students to imagine themselves as characters in the novel and then write diary entries, dialogues, emails and texts as those personae, based on events in this section. Another activity asks students to imagine a new background identity for themselves, which they then use to introduce themselves to the class.
These tasks give students an opportunity to show a deep understanding of the novel, as well as to practice writing in different formats.
There are 7 pages of worksheets for students to complete, in addition to the 4 page answer key.
Some of these items are available as standalone products. You can read further descriptions of them in my store. This product is also available as a component in my larger product bundle Wonder Student Activity Pack