A comprehensive set of active learning tasks, designed to be used as summary activities for Part Eight of the novel. This set of worksheets/tasks is created to reinforce and stimulate learning through activity. The inclusion of many different types of activities is a ploy to appeal to students' different learning styles.
1. Cloze Test - Summary of plot events in "Fill in the blanks" format (2 pages).
2. Vocabulary Crossword. Word bank included.
3. Ordering Task - Bullet point list of plot events. Students are asked to re-arrange into the correct order.
4. Vocabulary Word Search - a fun activity. In addition to finding words in the grid, students are asked to show their understanding of words by writing new sentences.
5. Summary fun crossword, with entries relating to characters and places mentioned in this part of the novel.
6. Creative writing activities. These tasks ask students to imagine themselves as characters in the novel, or imagine themselves in situations similar to some described in the novel. Then they are required to write a selection of diary entries, dialogues, emails, letters, lists and postcards (as those personae or as themselves) based on events in this section.
Other writing activities are based on the complete text (review, email/letter, interview questions, epilogue/prediction exercises).
All assignments include hints, sub-headings or structure guides to provide a starting point or scaffolding to help students get started.
These writing tasks give students an opportunity to show a deep understanding of the novel, as well as to practice writing in different formats.
There are 11 pages of worksheets for students to complete, in addition to the 6 page answer key.
Some of these items are available as standalone products. You can read further descriptions of them in my store. This product is also available as a component in my larger product bundle Wonder Student Activity Pack